Hello from the Heart of Dixie from DrugDoc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrugDoc

Been making pens for too many years to count but saw this forum and thought why not stop in. Anybody know why the Hut Company cannot supply Crystal Coat Friction Polish? All I've ever used. Not a fan of CA finishing. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penicillin

I checked Rockler and Woodcraft, and Hut Crystal Coat is out of stock. Have you tried contacting Hut to ask about it?
http://www.hutproducts.com/Aboutus.asp

I have Hut Crystal Coat, and I am not that impressed with it. It is a combination of alcohol, petroleum solvents, shellac, and carnauba wax. There are several other friction polishes with nearly identical ingredients.

As my Crystal Coat runs out, I thought I would try one of several other products. Mylands, Shellawax, etc. I might add that many people make their own, too. Have you considered those options?

turnit2020

Welcome. Why not try Doctor's Pens Plus. Used it on wood blanks for some time and am pleased with the results. Doctors has a websight with videos showing how to use all of his products.

penicillin

I have Hut Crystal Coat, and I am not that impressed with it. It is a combination of alcohol, petroleum solvents, shellac, and carnauba wax. There are several other friction polishes with nearly identical ingredients.

As my Crystal Coat runs out, I thought I would try one of several other products. Mylands, Shellawax, etc. I might add that many people make their own, too. Have you considered those options?
Welcome. Why not try Doctor's Pens Plus. Used it on wood blanks for some time and am pleased with the results. Doctors has a websight with videos showing how to use all of his products.
Yup, Doctor's Pens Plus is another in that same class of product. It is walnut oil, shellac, and carnauba wax.

Top Bottom