Hello from the Empire State

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nerdcarver

Hi Everybody!

Six years ago, I purchased a lathe with the intention of turning kitless fountain pens. I decided to take a beginner lathe course to learn how to use the machine properly. The only class offered near me was a bowl-turning course. I ended up loving bowl-turning and falling down a woodworking rabbit hole for a few years, most recently deviating into greenwoodworking via spoon carving and shrinkpot-making. A few weeks ago, I was organizing my workshop and came across the Woodchuck Pen Pro I had bought at the beginning of this adventure and rekindled my desire to turn pens. I spent last weekend shattering every tenon I turned but determined more than ever to learn this skill.

Looking forward to diving into the forums and community. Very happy to be here!

Thanks,
Jane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

R. C. Rutter

Hi Everybody!

Six years ago, I purchased a lathe with the intention of turning kitless fountain pens. I decided to take a beginner lathe course to learn how to use the machine properly. The only class offered near me was a bowl-turning course. I ended up loving bowl-turning and falling down a woodworking rabbit hole for a few years, most recently deviating into greenwoodworking via spoon carving and shrinkpot-making. A few weeks ago, I was organizing my workshop and came across the Woodchuck Pen Pro I had bought at the beginning of this adventure and rekindled my desire to turn pens. I spent last weekend shattering every tenon I turned but determined more than ever to learn this skill.

Looking forward to diving into the forums and community. Very happy to be here!

Thanks,
Jane
Hi Jane, welcome to the best pen turning group! There is a lot of information to learn here and don't hesitate to post questions.
Be sure to check out the resource library on the site. Tons of information there. There is also a list of popular youtube pen turning videos that are quite enjoyable.
People from the Empire State are welcome, I am one of them myself.

nerdcarver

So I managed to not shatter a tenon. El Grande section. Turned on a Jet 1221 Lathe. :)

2820DC9F-B5B3-4253-A0BA-CFF6497C5736.jpeg

howsitwork

Nice work. The practice bowl turning and techniques all help. R3meber lif3 is a learn8ng experienc3 and enjoy the journey , now more than ever!👍

magpens

Hi Jane !! . Warm welcome to IAP !!

That is a beautiful pen ... thanks for showing !!

Top Bottom