Hello from Springfield, MA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Madman1978

Hello to one and all

I just joined and I am excited about this hobby. Although I know this will cost money (LOL) I am a complete novice to this hobby. I do enjoy working with wood as I have done other projects just no turning. This will be a fun journey I hope. Any suggestions and feedback are welcome but please leave out the comedy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi there, Michael !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! :D

Just wondering how serious you are about turning wood in general.

If your turning interest is mainly for pens, you might give some consideration to getting a small (e.g. Sieg type) metal-working lathe.
This can be used for pens to good advantage, for wood and other materials, especially if you might eventually progress to "full custom" pen making, or "kitless" pen making to use the more common terminology.

Mike P

Hi Michael - I'm right down the road from you! I'm just getting started out too, and I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!

iamrohn

Welcome Springfield!! I'm originally from Palmer (not neighbors, but not far from it). There's an abundance of great info & inspiration here... can't wait to see what you show!

Madman1978

I finally pulled the trigger on buying a lathe. I bought the Pen Pal lathe from PSI. I think for now a good place to start.

Top Bottom