Hello from south Louisiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gaeast54

Hi everyone, My wife Brenda and I just joined IAP about a month ago. We have been making pens for about 10 months. My wife never operated any power tool in her life. Till I showed her how to operate a miter saw, planer, band saw, drill press and a mini lathe. I guess you could say it relieves her of stress because she loves working with wood. Which is a lot better than any medicine. :)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Welcome from the Houston, TX area. Where in S LA are you? My son is in Kenner and I visit him several time a year.

leehljp

Member Liaison
WELCOME from Japan! What part of LA are you from? PLEASE eat some crawfish for me! BOY, do I miss that! (Lived in the Houma/Thibodaux area before coming to Japan 23 years ago.)

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

bmac

Welcome

Welcome to the IAP, a great place with great people who are willing to share their advice
and experience on turning pens. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Bobby
Louisiana

Rangertrek

Welcome from North Louisiana

Welcome to both of you from north Louisiana. glad to hear your wife is involved wiht pen making. My wife also is learning how to use the various tools and enjoys working on the lathe.

IAP is a great source of information, so when you have a question:confused:, this is the place.:)

Top Bottom