Hello from Shawnee, KS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Patio

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a quick post and introduce myself. My name is Pat Rogers and I'm new to pen turning. I started pen turning in December of 2013 and am just hooked on it.

I've been doing a lot of research, reading all kinds of info and techniques and finally came across this site. Wow, what a great site it is!

I'm a computer programmer, (since 1985) and enjoy everything about the outdoors and woodworking. I have a pretty complete workshop in my garage and enjoy building everything from Adirondack chairs to Queen Anne Highboys, and everything in-between.

I'm really excited about the pen turning and so far, have done ok I think. I just casted my first pen yesterday with Alumilite water clear and made a Paua Abalone pen, Jr. GentII. I'll post a couple of pics here in a bit.

Thanks,

Pat Rogers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Welcome from Colorado, take a look at the library a lot of information. You do jump in with both feet, casting and all. Enjoy the spiral into the vortex.

Patio

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Really a great forum and great to have so many nice folks here share their experiences and knowledge. Really a very cool site!

Top Bottom