Hello from San Diego.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dustman

I am retired and began turning pens a bit over a year ago. I am interested in some tips and tricks to expand my craft beyond the typical kits we get from suppliers.
I'm from San Diego, CA. It's wet here. I know some of you are a lot wetter. Care to share?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Hi Al and greetings from the UK

hope all is going well? Touch of rain here but it's been worse . Only -2C this morning

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Ohio. Are you wanting suggestions for different pen materials, or woodturning projects non pen related?

Dustman

Welcome to IAP from Ohio. Are you wanting suggestions for different pen materials, or woodturning projects non pen related?
Hi Mark. I'm good on materials. I've used many. Right now I'm most interested in segmenting and mineral inlay. I'm starting to sell my work and I need to move to the next level to stand out.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Al.

There are some great tutorials on segmenting in our ISP Library. Just follow the link on the home page.

Dustman

Welcome from Montana !! I spent some Navy time in San Diego 50+years ago. Lots of changes but really enjoyed my time there...except for my time getting sandy.
Montana. I'll bet it's cold there. I've been here all my life except for one hitch in the Army. Sounds like you spent some time at a certain school on the Silver Strand. Am I right?

I'm actually on vacation in Arizona...it's a bit warmer but I did get word that it was snowing at home today. I gotta say say I enjoy the warmer weather but really miss Montana. And you are correct on your assumption, but that was a long time ago. Thanks for your service.

Ray-CA

Where in SD are you? I've been turning about 2-years and have developed a few local sources for wood. Get a hold of me if you might be interested.

Welcome.....

Ray

TDahl

Welcome from Northern California. I used to live in San Diego in the Claremont Are close to Mission Bay. I loved it down there. We have had to most rain in decades up here. Lots of flooding, but no more drought (for now.)

Top Bottom