Hello From Perrysburg Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aaron Hirt

Hello,

I have just recently picked up pen turning I have followed it quite a bit over the last few months and got all the necessary equipment. so far I am having a lot of fun with it!! I'm sure I will have a lot to learn from this page.

I have played around with various woods, acrylics, styles, methods and finishes. Please excuse my photography, that is a skill I do not posses yet.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Welcome from a former Buckeye. Nice pens! Tell us about the fifth pen down in the left side. I find it to have an interesting design. Your photography is good. I'm trying to improve my skills in macro, i. e., close up shots. So far, no luck even with the instructions.

Aaron Hirt

That pen is made from bocote and is a continental rollerball pen kit. The ridges I cut into was so.ething i really like to do when making the larger pen kits. Makes a pretty substantial pen. It also worked out with the ridges were right along the grain and created a look of knots in the wood as well

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome from Columbus. That is a nice batch of pens. I look forward to seeing more. I hope you can attend one of the Ohio Chapter meetings held at Hartville Hardware approx every 2 months.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Medina. It looks like you are having fun. That is an excellent variety of materials and kits to start with.

Thanks for sharing. I will add your name to the Ohio Chapter PM list for reminders on future meetings.

Top Bottom