Hello from Pennsylvania

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Hi, another newbie here!
I fired up the old lathe in the corner a few months ago to give a try at making some pens for Christmas presents. Fifty or so pens later I'm hooked!
I have been watching this site for awhile but figure I would join and take advantage of all the expert advice.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the site and lathe turning. Very relaxing and enjoyable hobby. While I now live in the cold, bleak midwest:frown: I grewup in western PA(Clarion). Is Sayre anywhere close?

Carl

MarkD

Sayre is in northest Pennsylvania, right on the PA/NY border. The closest cities are Elmira and Binghamton, both of which are in New York.

ctubbs

Mark, welcome from west Kentucky. By the way, be sure to visit the library. The link is in the upper right corner of the page. There you will find a treasure trove of great info on pen making. Enjoy and make some shavings. Having lurked a while, I am sure you already have heard 'no photos, did not happen' mentioned. Take pics and post many. We love to see. When you have a question, post it also, pics help there too.
Charels

Fred

Greetings, and Welcome to the Forum from down South in Georgia.

I had to re-read your second post where you state PA/NY just to be sure it wasn't PANTY ... my eyes are tired evidentially not to mention I still don't know where Sayre is to be found. Rest assured that if it is as cold there as I think it is, I won't be around for a few months yet! :)

Top Bottom