Hello from PA (USA)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NJturner

Welcome from NJ! I come out your way every September for the Mid Atlantic Woodturners Symposium in Lancaster. I am trying to have them add some pen focused things to their event, but no matter what, the Symposium is always a good experience for turners of all kinds. Maybe see you there!

Kevin

randyrls

Hi Craig; I live just north of Harrisburg; If you are interested Susquehanna Woodturners meets the 2nd Tuesday of the Month at 6:30pm at the Woodcraft Store on Union Deposit road, Hbg.

April meeting is a Sharpening Hands-On event. Bring your tools. We will have several grinder workstations setup with various jigs.
If you attend, please ask for me.
We often do a zoom component, but there will not be one for the April meeting.

I struggled for years with sharpening. A Sorby rep visited the store when the Sorby "Pro-Edge" came out. They asked for people to bring in their tools to have sharpened. He looked at my skew and said, "Oh My!":D:eek:

hertzogcraig

Welcome from NJ! I come out your way every September for the Mid Atlantic Woodturners Symposium in Lancaster. I am trying to have them add some pen focused things to their event, but no matter what, the Symposium is always a good experience for turners of all kinds. Maybe see you there!

Kevin
You'll have to let me know when you're out this way. I'm only 45 minutes to an hour from Lancaster. I'm about 20 minutes south of Harrisburg

hertzogcraig

Hi Craig; I live just north of Harrisburg; If you are interested Susquehanna Woodturners meets the 2nd Tuesday of the Month at 6:30pm at the Woodcraft Store on Union Deposit road, Hbg.

April meeting is a Sharpening Hands-On event. Bring your tools. We will have several grinder workstations setup with various jigs.
If you attend, please ask for me.
We often do a zoom component, but there will not be one for the April meeting.

I struggled for years with sharpening. A Sorby rep visited the store when the Sorby "Pro-Edge" came out. They asked for people to bring in their tools to have sharpened. He looked at my skew and said, "Oh My!":D:eek:
Aboslutely, I'm at Woodcraft all the time. I actually came up last month for the meeting and to join, not realizing it had been cancelled due to weather. I was going to come up last week, but I'm also a member of the Conewago Carvers and I'm getting my wife into wood carving as well, so I took her there. I will be up for the April meeting though, have it on my calendar, I may be bringing one or 2 of the guys from the carving club with me as well. I have the Sorby Pro Edge, but could definitely benefit from some sharpening tips

Top Bottom