Hello from Oregon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CMcKim

I recently returned to woodworking and discovered a passion for woodturning. Naturally I stumbled into pen turningand am hooked. My wife was looking at some of my pens and decided that they were nice enough for her to place a large order. She owns an art gallery in Old Towne Bandon that sells fine art, wood carvings, jewelry and pottery; however, she really didn't carry anything priced below $100 that would appeal to or be appropriate for men. She wanted pens that would retail for $35 to $300 so I ordered a variety of styles and even some parts to try my hand at kitless fountains (I do have machining experience and the machines necessary to do the work as I'm a retired gunsmith and have built many firearms from scratch). I'm looking forward to exploring this forum and posting pics of my work for critique.

Chris McKim
McKim Custom Designs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Glad to have you with us. It is funny how quickly this pen thing escalates, isn't it? lol

Enjoy the journey, answer questions when you can, ask'm when you got'm, make friends and have a ball!!!

Welcome aboard from "The Breadbasket of the South", Virginia!

DwightE

Welcome from Alaska--spent quite a few years just down the road from Bandon in the 70s and 80s turning myrtlewood. Made so much money I had to quit ;)

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum.
I spent some time in Oregon a few years ago. Drove from Portland to Bend. Interesting going from the pine forests of Mount Hood NF to the high desert to Bend. Took lots of photos as a remembrance of the trip.

Top Bottom