Hello from Nova Scotia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oakham

Hi there. I've just joined IAP looking for new ideas and answers to old problems. I have been turning pens for about 6 years now, firstly for family. I started selling them 5 years ago when I was living in France and a friend persuaded me to make him one, so I bought 6 kits and made them over a weekend. I took them into work on Monday and had sold all 6 in 10 minutes, and had overs for 12 more by morning coffee break! In all I think I've made around the 500 mark.
I love working with figured wood, but find the acrylics always sell well as the colours seem to "pop" when you open the pen case.
I would like to try casting my own blanks and try segmenting too, once I have a little more time, and I'd love go get my hands on a Pen Wizard (Christmas hints haven't worked with my wife up to now)!
Now that winter seems to finally be leaving Nova Scotia- its been a long one this year, I can finally venture out into the workshop again without my hands freezing to the chisel!
Happy turning everyone, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotian12

Welcome Steve from Halifax, NS. I know that feeling about winter being too long as I look out the window and see snow on the deck. I haven't officially opened the shop yet but when the temperature warms up I will take the insulation off the garage door and use the leaf blower to blow out the winter dust from inside the shop. You certainly are moving in the right direction with your pen turning program. We will look forward to seeing some of your pens in pictures. Check out Nova Woodturners Guild website as there are a number of pen turners there and we meet one a month in Dartmouths' Kents. Darrell Eisner

Edward Cypher

Welcome from Denver, CO and enjoy the forum. Congrats on your first post, you are well on your way to the insanity called Pen Making. Hints usually do not work but give it another try, who knows.

rockb

Hey Steve. Welcome to IAP from California. Lots of good guys and good wood here. Enjoy both.....

Ligget

I would like to try casting my own blanks and try segmenting too, once I have a little more time, and I'd love go get my hands on a Pen Wizard (Christmas hints haven't worked with my wife up to now)!

Welcome aboard Steve, don`t do what I done and tell your wife that there will be no s#x until I get a Pen Wizard!!!:mad:

It must be going on 3 years now since I had any!:bulgy-eyes::crying:

Top Bottom