Hello from North Carolina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJD

I brought an older Delta/Homecraft lathe back to life that been stored for a number of years. I received (I should say-requested) a Rockler kit for Christmas and am new to penturning. I have turned a few pens and am looking forward to improving my skills.
This site looks perfect for that.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarEagle90

Welcome from Alabama Steve. You indeed found the perfect site. Many experienced turners here always willing to help. BTW: My wife is from Burlington, know the place well :)

mnerland

I brought an older Delta/Homecraft lathe back to life that been stored for a number of years. I received (I should say-requested) a Rockler kit for Christmas and am new to penturning. I have turned a few pens and am looking forward to improving my skills.
This site looks perfect for that.
Steve, Welcome! Show your pens, is what you will hear in this group. I really want to see your lathe also. I have a Delta/Homecraft laying in pieces on my garage floor (1946) that I am wanting to restore. You will learn alot hear!
Mike

SteveJD

Steve, Welcome! Show your pens, is what you will hear in this group. I really want to see your lathe also. I have a Delta/Homecraft laying in pieces on my garage floor (1946) that I am wanting to restore. You will learn alot hear!
Mike
Mike, here is my lathe. I found the base from a utube video and built it. Very sturdy. No vibration.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_141107504.jpg
    IMG_20200713_141107504.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 61

mnerland

Mike, here is my lathe. I found the base from a utube video and built it. Very sturdy. No vibration.
Looks like mine. What is the serial number, I can get you a date of mfg., if you don't already know. I started turning as a kid on one of these, and love the feel of these lathes. Although variable speed with a knob is definitely a bonus. But I've rolled many a belt! Thanks for sharing!šŸ˜Š

SteveJD

Looks like mine. What is the serial number, I can get you a date of mfg., if you don't already know. I started turning as a kid on one of these, and love the feel of these lathes. Although variable speed with a knob is definitely a bonus. But I've rolled many a belt! Thanks for sharing!šŸ˜Š
The last time I turned anything before this was in Jr high school about 55 years ago.

Top Bottom