Hello from Nebraska

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

K-9 Man

Hello, my name is Ernie. I happened upon this website a couple of months ago and have learned a lot ever since! I have pen turning pens for about 5 years now. I am in the Air Force and I started turning when I was stationed in Alaska and it was to cold to go out side. I originally started wood working with my scroll saw, and in a magazine saw you could make pens. I talked my wife into allowing me to purchase a wood lathe and have enjoyed it ever since. I occasionally make pens for people upon request but mostly enjoy making different styles of pens/pencils. This past week I made my first fountain pen, the Presimo from Woodturningz.com. I also made a Presimo Roller ball. On this site I learned how to apply a CA finish and REALLY enjoy this on my pens now. Attached are pictures of some of my pens from the past. Once I get the chance I will get photos of my fountain and roller ball posted on the "Show off your pens". Thanks for the great website and I look forward to posting and learning.

Attachments

• DSCN3444.jpg
    DSCN3444.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN1492.jpg
    DSCN1492.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN0519.jpg
    DSCN0519.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN0616.jpg
    DSCN0616.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN5474.jpg
    DSCN5474.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 105
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

K-9 Man

Welcome Ernie, from Central Texas.

You have some nice looking pens there. Is the one by itself made from peach?

Ray

The pen by itself is made from Diamond Willow I got while stationed in Alaska. Here are some pictures of other items I have made with Diamond Willow. Plus another Slimeline with Diamond Willow.

K-9 Man

More Diamond Willow Pictures

Sorry, here are the photos. They didn't upload the first time.

Attachments

• DSCN3695.JPG
    DSCN3695.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN3688.JPG
    DSCN3688.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Diamnond wollow 3.jpg
    Diamnond wollow 3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN3309.jpg
    DSCN3309.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 71

K-9 Man

Bob, Thanks. Do you know of any place locally to purchase pen/wood turning products other than MidWest Woodworkers Supply?

Thanks Ernie

Dennis K

Welcome from Mississippi K-9 Man. I was an Army MP and certifed K-9. A truely loyal friend they are.

Dennis

markgum

Welcome to the fun. Looking forward to learning from you. If you thought Alaska was cold... wait till those Nebraska winters kick in.
Thanks for your service to this country.

Top Bottom