Hello from ne arkansas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDE

Hello, Well I may have jumped the gun a little. I haven't even bought anything to begin turning pens. I do have a shopsmith. The shopsmith forum is where I found out about this site. I've been doing some reading and I think I would enjoy turning pens. The other night is the first time I have ever messed with a lathe before. So I am a true beginner. I look forward to asking questions and beginning to get started.Thanks, TDE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Teddy, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

TDE

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to be able to make the meeting on the 18th. Sometimes work interferes with all the things I want to do.
I think I have to have a different mandrel for the shopsmith than most prople have, where would you suggest looking? Thanks in advance for the info. Ted

TDE

Tuckerman

Boogieman, You must have been passing through to be in Tuckerman.lol
There aren't too many people who just come to Tuckerman. If you come thru again I would love to have a cup of coffee and talk about pens. You will have to do most of the talking because I haven't turned a pen yet.lol Have a good day, Ted

Top Bottom