Hello from NC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tach

Thanks for having me. My last experience in woodworking was in shop class at school, 40 years ago. Just before Christmas 2023, I purchased a new lathe and some other tools to get started. When looking online I found out about turning pens. Big mistake, because I have ordered $1000 worth of stuff this week. Pens are like an addiction. I'm sure I will have some questions along the way, so thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Thanks for having me. My last experience in woodworking was in shop class at school, 40 years ago. Just before Christmas 2023, I purchased a new lathe and some other tools to get started. When looking online I found out about turning pens. Big mistake, because I have ordered $1000 worth of stuff this week. Pens are like an addiction. I'm sure I will have some questions along the way, so thanks in advance.
Welcome from Winston Salem. You are learning quickly about the nature of penmaking (ie. the addiction). Welcome to the rabbit hole. I know I won't be the only one looking forward to watching your progress as you show us your work.

Tach

Welcome from Winston Salem. You are learning quickly about the nature of penmaking (ie. the addiction). Welcome to the rabbit hole. I know I won't be the only one looking forward to watching your progress as you show us your work.
Thanks for the welcome. We are almost neighbors. I am from King and my office is in High Point.

Definitely a rabbit hole. I've already made a dozen pens and gotten a couple of requests from coworkers.

d_bondi

Welcome from Utah.
Hide your credit cards, the rabbit hole is endless. I cannot stop buying materials. Wood, Acrylics/Alumilite, Hybrids. If I stopped buying materials, I could very easily turn pens for a year before running out. Realistically, 2 years. :eek: 🤷‍♂️ 🤑

An understanding spouse is very helpful, so I'm lucky there. :cool:

Lew

Welcome from Texas. It is definitely an addiction, and looking at the pens made here and the endless ideas that the people come up with will keep you busy for a long, long time.

KMCloonan

Welcome from Northern Illinois. I think almost everyone on this site is either a confirmed blankaholic, or one that is in denial. So you're in good company.

gimpy

Welcome, I'm sure you'll have fun
My wife's aunt lives in Newton NC,
And luck would have it you'll have to visit
West Penn Hardwoods,
It's a woodworks candy store

Top Bottom