Hello from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JLMacDonald

I'm not great at introductions but to sum things up, my hobby is collecting hobbies. :)

I've been turning I dunno 10 years on and off. But I'm kicking things up a notch and am learning label casting, creating resin blanks, and adding decals.

Looking forward to going through resources and getting advice and feedback on some things I'm still getting the hang of.

Here's a few of my turned pens with store bought acrylics

20200831_212711(1).jpg

20200831_212538(1).jpg
20200831_212401(1).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Hello JL Macdonald, welcome to the I.A.P. it's nice of you to join us here, These are two very nice looking pens, I look forward to seeing much more of your work from the lathe.

Len

1080Wayne

Welcome from the rest of the West . Don`t think there has ever been a moose jaw pen posted here . Alligator jaw , yes . I neglected to get the jaw from the hitchhiker I gave a lift to 10 years ago , only got the antler and some hair .

My advise would be , explore your local raw materials . Someone from Saskatoon may chip in , saskatoon being another under utilized resource . More fun than buying plastics and exotics . You might also want to consider casting to fill voids in local materials .

darrin1200

Welcome aboard JL. Casting is a very interesting world.
Your lucky, you have a great resource located just north of you in Saskatoon. Curly's wife Marla is a wiz with casting.

studioseven

Well you are the first person I know from Moose Jaw. I love the name. Welcome to the site. I saw your post about label casting. Please keep us informed with your progress so others can learn as you learn.

Seven

Top Bottom