Hello from Middle GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewW

I am new at turning in general. I have a huge family and its more economical to make presents. Last year I turned hobo fishing reels and this year fire starters. For Christmas Santa brought me some pen turning accessories and kits. This past month I have turned 50 or so pens and destroyed countless. I have already learned quite a bit from my mistakes. One of the lasting sayings my Papa taught me was "the best mistakes are the ones that cost you time and/or money."

I am eager to learn from y'all as I take take up this new passion.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scraper_1

Welcome, great introduction, lol. Oh the destruction, don't I know it! I spent a month on pen parts that cost me $25, that's a fortune for a tightwad like me. I know I put at least 30 hours into it and it turned out to be an abomination. Another "gift" pen! This will go to someone with bad eyesight.

Woodchipper

I am new at turning in general. I have a huge family and its more economical to make presents. Last year I turned hobo fishing reels and this year fire starters. For Christmas Santa brought me some pen turning accessories and kits. This past month I have turned 50 or so pens and destroyed countless. I have already learned quite a bit from my mistakes. One of the lasting sayings my Papa taught me was "the best mistakes are the ones that cost you time and/or money."

I am eager to learn from y'all as I take take up this new passion.
Welcome. We all started from scratch at one time or another. Those mistakes remain in memory a long time.

Top Bottom