Hello from Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

4madhats

Hi all, I'm fairly new to pens and turning in general. I've maybe finished a couple dozen pens so far, mostly slimlines with some sierra and cigar kits thrown in. I'm thoroughly enjoying this rabbit hole of pen turning, although my wallet is not! I've been lurking for a bit but decided I'd learn more by interacting with this great community. I'm looking forward to learning more from all the great folks on here.

Included my first, what I consider successful CA finish on a wood pen that I finished up last week. Cedar on with an antique copper rose kit.
IMG_0282.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Josh !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . :D

The pen you show is very beautiful .... I like how the cedar and hardware colors complement each other !! . Well done !!!

Great photography, too !!! . Show us more, please !!

4madhats

Welcome from Webberville (just east of Lansing).
Cedar isn't my favorite but you may have changed my mind a bit. Perfect pairing of components to blank. Nice work!
It's not my favorite either to be honest. I got a bundle of 5 blanks for $5 and thought they'd be good to practice with my HSS (I normally just use carbide) and CA finishing. This was the first one and I was happy enough to put it together.

4madhats

Hi Josh !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . :D

The pen you show is very beautiful .... I like how the cedar and hardware colors complement each other !! . Well done !!!

Great photography, too !!! . Show us more, please !!
Thank you! I'm still struggling a lot with getting good pics. It seems like everything I take doesn't fully represent the pens. The rabbit holes are endless I guess cause now I find myself looking into small product photography on top of all the pen stuff.

Here's 3 more from this past weekend.

IMG_0295.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg

4madhats

Wow those are awesome!! My username is just a play on my last name plus there are 4 of us (wife and 2 kids) but man I wish I could flex some skill with something like those hats.

howsitwork

Wet madrone and lots and lots of practice.

try this guy, who is a friend who watched Johannesburg, learned and has now expanded the range somewhat.

Andrew will be running a demo this Sunday. must have the link somewhere, send ampn email headed rsvp to Mike at this address
miked@recordpower.co.uk
Worth the time although you might want an English translator for the accent

howsitwork

Josh

record run a number of on line shows, worth the time to watch. Theo , an australian enthusiast is very good too although I'm not too chuffed about it being from 00.30 to0300 when I'm working tomorrow but ... that's what coffees for after all.

regards Ian

Top Bottom