Hello from Lufkin, Texas!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akingkubo

Hello everybody! My name is Beeh from Luffkin, TX. I have been only turning pens since June 2013 and I got addicted to it! It started as gifts for my friends and started selling them per request. I am only ten pens away from my first 100! I still have ways to go compared to all of you members out there and I am sure excited to learn more like how to stabilize woods, creating my own acrylics, etc. My husband does the segmented woods.
Right now, we are vacationing here in the California and going to visit Yosemite. I am looking at the sugar pine cones that are humongous and I would like to learn how to turn this. I know it's fragile and brittle and I assume this will need some stabilizing with CA or mixing with resin? ( from what I have read so far)
Anyway, thanks for having me and looking forward to learning from ya'll!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Alvin
Enjoy your visit to CA -- will you have time to visit Sequoia Nat'l Park? I enjoyed that much more than Yosemite back when we visited them both.

akingkubo

Hello, Oz from Australia and fellow Texan edohmann!
Thanks for your quick replies! My husband and I are planning right now to go to Yosemite Wednesday. We just visited Big Trees State Park. Boy, the trees are HUGE!
Now you got my husband's attention to Sequoia National Park since we we're not planning to go there but now we are. Thanks for the tip!

Whitehat1994

Welcome from Temple Tx. I began turning in Feb of this year.
I bet you can find some interesting wood lying around while on vacation....:wink:

akingkubo

Thanks ya'll for your warm welcome! I am going to post some of my work when I get back from vacation.

Top Bottom