Hello from Lubbock, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjhodgefamily

Hi everyone, I am Richard Hodge and am fairly new to turning. Got started about 6 months ago through an intro class held by the local club. Have recently started turning pens. Which I greatly enjoy since I can quit from the daily job in front of a computer and spend 45 minutes at the lathe and walk out with a new finished project. Day job is writing computer code for a company that works in real estate to help the title closing process. So as you can imagine can be pretty dull some days.

Working on a Jet 1640 so more horse power than I need for pens but it gets the job done. Thanks for letting me join to get get some great ideas for new pens.

Thanks,
Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC!

It is pretty relaxing to forget the world for a little while while turning. That lathe may be overkill for making pens, but the extra quill travel is certainly handy.

Hi everyone, I am Richard Hodge and am fairly new to turning. Got started about 6 months ago through an intro class held by the local club. Have recently started turning pens. Which I greatly enjoy since I can quit from the daily job in front of a computer and spend 45 minutes at the lathe and walk out with a new finished project. Day job is writing computer code for a company that works in real estate to help the title closing process. So as you can imagine can be pretty dull some days.

Working on a Jet 1640 so more horse power than I need for pens but it gets the job done. Thanks for letting me join to get get some great ideas for new pens.

Thanks,
Richard
Welcome to the addiction! From Childress, Texas.

Top Bottom