Hello from Indiana!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mb007

Hello! My name is Matt and I live in Noblesville, IN. I became interested in pen turning from two sources - a friend from church who makes pens, and Whaler (from another forum he posts on). My wonderful wife gave me a lathe for Christmas, and I've been lurking around here for a few weeks gathering ideas. I turned my first pen this past Friday at the Woodworking Show in Indianapolis, and followed that up with three more pens today! I still have much to learn, but it's great fun and a nice way to release stress (from working in IT). :)

I'm looking forward to learning a lot, and hopefully being able to contribute someday!

-Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bbuis

Welcome Matt from Zionsville just around the corner. Make sure you look into the local chapter around here. There is a lot to be learned from a lot of the local people. Have fun with the hobby and everyone here is friendly and will answer any questions that you have.

IPD_Mrs

Good to have you Matt. Welcome from the frozen tundra of Zionsville, IN (bbuis is our son) and the Mrs. works at Aspire in Carmel (also has two offices in Noblesville.)
We're sure you will enjoy the addiction as much as the rest of us . . .

from the both of us.

jbostian

Welcome from Brownsburg, IN. There is a ton of information on this site and great people willing to help. Make sure you check out the local chapters section. There is an Indianapolis chapter that meets every couple of months.

Jamie

DRB4381

Welcome from Southern Indiana. I turned my first pen at the 2010 Indy Woodworking show and have been hooked ever since. Only took a couple grand to keep the addiction satisfied.:)

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome aboard dude from the Derby City!! I think you'll find tons of crazy pen freaks up your way. Hope you're ready for the tidal wave known as Pen turning!!!!

76winger

Welcome Matt,

I'm in IT as well and also find it a great stress reliever. I live in Lebanon and work in Carmel, so wherever I'm at we're almost neighbors!.

rej19

Welcome Matt, lot's of great turners in this area. We meet quarterly. Next meeting will be in April. Look forward to meeting you at one of them.

mb007

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I will definitely try to make it to one of the local meetings this year. With a baby due in April, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out of the house for that one. :biggrin:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
One more Hoosier welcome Matt, I'm in Westfield. I will add you to the email contact list for the Indy chapter so you'll get the notices. I'll pray for a healthy and safe baby delivery for you and your wife. If you want to, send me a PM or email at billbettag@aol.com with your phone number and we'll put it in the email contact list too.
Wood Butcher
Bill

Top Bottom