Hello from Indiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dvcmikey

Hello everyone,
My name is Mike and I live in north west Indiana. I'm retired and my plan was to make furniture after retirement but I got sidetracked because of cancer which took my left arm, I was determined to not give up my shop and found I could still use my lathe and make small turnings without too much difficulty. I've been turning pens for nearly 20 years and have concluded that no matter how much experience I have there is always something new to learn.
Thank you for excepting me into your group, I look forward to the forums and perhaps meeting new friends.
I'm not computer savvy so if someone could direct me as to posting photos it would to appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Mike.

Sorry to hear about your problems with cancer, but we are glad that you are still around and still able to turn.

There's a contest for new members going on right now where you can have a chance to win a pile of really nice blanks just for answering 3 simple questions. Check out this thread and submit your entry. You never know.....

Mr. Anonymous Game #33 @ 19/8/2016 - FOR NEW MEMBERS, ONLY...!

Also be sure to post a photo of one of your pens in the Show Off Your Pens forum for a chance to win a drawing for a gift certificate from Exotic Blanks.

And... there is still time to enter a few Mind Bender Contests in our Summer Extravaganza that's ending this month. Just click on the Mind Bender link on the Home Page. MB Contests 3 & 4 will end later this evening, but #5 and #6 will continue until next Monday, so get your guesses in and you could win a prize.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Mike !!!! . It's inspiring that you keep up the hobby in spite of your unfortunate handicap.

Last edited:

PapaTim

Welcome from Tennessee's Upper Cumberland region. I moved here from NW Indiana, I'd lived in Porter and Starke counties.

Top Bottom