Hello from Henrietta, New York

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggm

Good morning, all.

I started my woodworking journey in 1997, with a decorative shelf for our fireplace. Not having a shop or many tools in my arsenal, the project materials were prepped across a couple milk crates and assembled/finished on our kitchen island. My garage shop slowly progressed and other flat board projects were completed.

My turning journey began in 2003, when I took on a Woodworking Merit Badge counsellor slot for our local BSA summer camp. One optional requirement was to do a woodturning, for which I took basic spindle and bowl turning classes at our local Woodcraft store. LIttle did I know at the time, our camp blacksmith provided his shop-made spring pole lathe for me to use! That was a great experience and an LOT or exercise. I did have a couple of scouts make their first spindles with a couple beads and coves.

A lot has changed since then, including a couple house moves involving break-down and re-assembly of shops along the way. I've been an active member of the Rochester Woodworkers Society and AAW since 2006. I've narrowed my turning projects away from bowls that many turners create. I'm more focused now on the smaller projects. I turned my first pen in 2006, and over the past few years have gifted pens to our church staff, and choir choral scholars as they leave us after gradualtion for the Eastman School of Music to continue their journeys for advanced degrees and professional careers.

I am also now working to include turned boxes and other small projects into the mix, but also look forward to the knowledge share that this organization can provide.

See you as my time time with you continues.

Gregg Miller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom