Hello from Grovetown, GA~!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AndyMB

Hello all~! I'm a long-time woodworker, but a newbie to turning. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that my wife purchased my Harbor Freight lathe several years ago, but I just completed my first turning project last month: an acrylic pen for my daughter's birthday. I'm definitely looking forward to more turning projects. At this point I'm using carbide turning tools since I've not yet tackled learning to put an edge on my HSS turning tools, but I'm getting there.
I'm looking forward to further exploring this forum and learning from the talent within these pages~!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Andy !! . Welcome to IAP !!

You can do a great deal of delightfully creative work with carbide tools !! . Have at it !!!!

1shootist

Welcome to the forum !
Check out the IAP Libary here for tips on projects and just basically good to know info.

AndyMB

Welcome neighbor! I live in Dearing. Just getting interested in turning too - but at least you have a lathe!
Hi neighbor~! That 20% Harbor Freight coupon goes a long way. I picked up my 2hp dust collector there too and both machines have performed well so far. Looks like we have the Army in common too~! I retired here in '06, although still working at the Fort to support my sawdust addiction. :)

ArmyDoc

Hi neighbor~! That 20% Harbor Freight coupon goes a long way. I picked up my 2hp dust collector there too and both machines have performed well so far. Looks like we have the Army in common too~! I retired here in '06, although still working at the Fort to support my sawdust addiction. :)
Lol. Got out in '09. Working at the VA now. Have limited space till I build a shop. Had planned on building this year, but now delayed, so not sure what I'm going to do. Thought about using that coupon and getting a Harbor Freight so I could do something this winter... but the AREN'T ACCEPTING IT ON CENTRAL MACHINERY ITEMS !!! šŸ¤¬

Last edited:
Top Bottom