Hello from Ft. Worth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dasimm

Hello Everyone,

I hail from Colleyville, Texas just outside of Ft. Worth. I do software support for OSS/BSS systems during the daylight hours and woodworking when the sun goes down.

I have been turning burl and segmented bowls for a little over two years now (off & on) and my friend who got me started in that addiction - introduced me to pen turning a few months later. Now I have a two pronged addiction which consumes all of my spare time and money. :hypnotized:

I have "most" all of the basic equipment needed; lathes, saws, presses, jigs, etc... Just a few more things on my wish list - really should have had that 4th car stall included... :biggrin:

I am in awe of the skills and creativity demonstrated here and would like to thank "jdwhip96" for introducing me to this virtual group. Now I find myself trying even harder to become better, pushing myself beyond my current comfort zone to learn new concepts and ideas.

Well, thanks for reading my post and I look forward to making new friends here on this site. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

- David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dasimm

Active Forum

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Also, I have to admit - this is one of the most active forums/sites I have seem in quite some time - That's a good thing.

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. There is a group that meet as often as we can. We try for a couple of times a month and we meet in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford area of the DFW metroplex. Check the website for meeting dates and I look forward to getting acquainted with you at a future meeting. Checkout Bubbasville at http://www.bubbasville.com Also, keep watch for the next meeting of the N Texas IAP chapter. Those details are on the IAP website.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Nice! We need more Texans in here.

dasimm

Welcome from Wichita Falls. There is a group that meet as often as we can. We try for a couple of times a month and we meet in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford area of the DFW metroplex. Check the website for meeting dates and I look forward to getting acquainted with you at a future meeting. Checkout Bubbasville at http://www.bubbasville.com Also, keep watch for the next meeting of the N Texas IAP chapter. Those details are on the IAP website.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thanks Don. I look forward to meeting you as well and the rest of the Bubbasville group. I've requested directions for the IAP meeting on Jan 24th - so I hope to be there.

Top Bottom