Hello from CT.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turningfish

Hi everyone. My name is Gary and I live in Ct. where I've been on the job as a firefighter for 30 years. No real plans to retire yet, I still love it. I've been playing around turning bowls for a few years now when I get the chance. This holiday seaon I decided to try pen turning to make a few gifts. Now I,m hooked !!!!:eek:
Looks like there's a lot of talented people here to learn from. I was using mylands sanding sealer and friction polish but it seems too dull. I have to work on good CA finish. Looking forward to being part of your group and advancing my skills.
Gary ( everyone that knows me calls me "fish". You guys might as well too.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Howdy Fish, and welcome to the IAP. Be sure to check out the library, it is chuck full of great info on pen turning.
What part of CT are you from? I was there in 67 - 68 working for Eastern Photo Labs in Thomaston. Met my late wife there and got married in a beautiful little church on a hill. Met a lot of really great people while there.
Grab some wood, make some shavings, blow up a few blanks and ask questions about what happened. Someone here will have the correct answer. Or at lest an answer.
Charles

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome Gary from the middle section of the U.S.A., Southern Indian to be exact. Glad to have you here.

Top Bottom