Hello from Columbus, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CueWood

Hello everyone. I have been turning pens for a few months now and I'm hooked. My quest for information and learning always lead me to penturners.org. I look forward to learning and contributing. One question I have is what is a good air filtration system? I recently had the WEN system but it died after a couple months of use. Should I get a better air filter, a dust collector, or both.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Oops Hello and welcome ( on second edit ) .

trend air cap or equivalent gives you filtered air , a cool breeze over your face and FULL PROTECTION should a blank explode ( I know that sound dramatic but the bits , although small , can hurt ).

howsitwork

forgot to say the belt mounted ones ( battery and fan on your belt and a tube feeds air to your helmet ) are supposed to be slightly quieter ( never tried so can't comment ) but if you get wind / gas they're a bit close to the body's exhaust if you get my drift šŸ˜‰

watched a guy de mask incredibly quickly then explain he'd had curry previous night to the howling
audience

derekdd

Welcome aboard!

I use a shop vac connected to a dust trap mounted on my lathe and have a couple of Wen air filtration units hanging in the rafters. Add a dust mask, and I feel pretty safe.

CueWood

Welcome aboard!

I use a shop vac connected to a dust trap mounted on my lathe and have a couple of Wen air filtration units hanging in the rafters. Add a dust mask, and I feel pretty safe.
Ok cool, I will definitely look into getting a shop vac, but my WEN air filtration just went bad after a couple months. So I'm definitely not buying it again, lol. Maybe I will look into another brand air filter. My space is small, 15ft x 7ft roughly.

derekdd

Ok cool, I will definitely look into getting a shop vac, but my WEN air filtration just went bad after a couple months. So I'm definitely not buying it again, lol. Maybe I will look into another brand air filter. My space is small, 15ft x 7ft roughly.
Wow, that should have still been under warrantee.

I have two for my 2-car garage and they run like champs.

Good luck!

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC!

I don't remember 100%, but I think I contacted WEN via email and heard back. That was a couple years ago, though. Things do change. I'd stay on top of them about it, though.

Top Bottom