Hello from Central Illinois

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mboes

Hi everyone! I'm from Springfield, IL and have been turning pens for the past 12 years. My grandpa taught me how to turn when I was 13 and soon after I decided to try making a pen. Needless to say I was hooked. A couple of years later I started selling my work at local art fairs and gift shops.
I'm a chocolatier at a local shop and some of my hobbies include playing the piano, knitting, and rock collecting. A few years ago I got into casting and love incorporating my many loves and hobbies into unique pen banks.
I attended the MPG this past weekend and heard about the IAP there. Decided to check it out and see all the fun you were having!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

I remember meeting you. Hope you had fun. I will be at the Old Capital Art Fair in a couple weeks down there. Stop by if you are in the area. And thanks for coming out to the MPG.

JohnU

Good to see you on the IAP Mary! If I'm correct, you showed me a pen made from a blank you cast? Welcome and I hope to see more of your work!

cozee

Welcome to the IAP! I missed meeting you at the MPG. I live SW of C-U. I did meet someone from the Tuscola area but dang if I cannot recall their name. I hope they are here on the IAP. Been thinking of starting a Central/East Central Illinois IAP chapter. Let me know if you are interested.

mg_dreyer

Greg,

While I won't be at the next two Chicago meetings - if you want any help starting up - let me know. Ed and I started the Chicago club. Always looking to help out.

Mark

cozee

Greg,

While I won't be at the next two Chicago meetings - if you want any help starting up - let me know. Ed and I started the Chicago club. Always looking to help out.

Mark

Yeah, I am gonna miss ya in June as the meeting is on my calendar and definitely planning on being there. Not sure about August yet. I will definitely reach out if and when it looks like a club will be possible down here. Thanks again!

mboes

Welcome to the IAP! I missed meeting you at the MPG. I live SW of C-U. I did meet someone from the Tuscola area but dang if I cannot recall their name. I hope they are here on the IAP. Been thinking of starting a Central/East Central Illinois IAP chapter. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks for the welcome! I would definitely be interested in helping with an area club!! Champaign is only 90 minutes for me away, so an easy drive. Let me know what I could do to help.

mboes

Hank,
Thanks for the greeting! I have found that chocolate does make for a great bribing tool! Thanks for the info, I will definitely be checking out the library.

mboes

Good to see you on the IAP Mary! If I'm correct, you showed me a pen made from a blank you cast? Welcome and I hope to see more of your work!
John,
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I did speak with you and show you my specular hematite pen. I really enjoyed meeting you and hearing your presentation on casting, it gave me some new inspiration!

mboes

I remember meeting you. Hope you had fun. I will be at the Old Capital Art Fair in a couple weeks down there. Stop by if you are in the area. And thanks for coming out to the MPG.
Mark, Thanks for the welcome! I did have a lot of fun at MPG. I actually might be out of town the weekend of the Old Capitol Art Fair. So if I don't see you, hope you have a great show and good weather!

Top Bottom