Hello from Cape Cod MA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JERfromVT

Thanks for having me. I am a plumber by trade working out of Nantucket MA. During the Covid Pandemic the select board and board of health shut down all construction projects. I have always been interested in woodturning and decided to buy an inexpensive lathe to learn on and fill my time. A few pens later and I am completely hooked. I'm excited to read through the forums to gather more information and ideas.
Thanks Again,
Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JERfromVT

Welcome...This forum can provide a lot of good resources.
We used to camp in Sandwich, MA every year when I was growing up.

my wife and I just bought a house and moved to Sandwich. I am currently still working on Nantucket for the next couple months

monophoto

Jerry - Welcome!

Cape Cod is one of our favorite places. Wife introduced me to the area when we first got married - camping in a tent in Brewster. Eventually, we bought a couple of weeks at a time share so we can get over once in the Spring, and again in the Fall. Even thought about retiring there until we looked into real estate prices.

We mainly hang out on the Rt 6A corridor - I really dislike the congestion and tackiness of Rt 28 between Harwich and Centerville. Oddly, we never traveled to the Islands until a couple of years ago - I found Nantucket to be delightful, Martha's Vineyard not so much.

We are theoretically scheduled to be there this time next month, but the time share is closed until the lock-down is relieved.

Last edited:

TonyL

Welcome! Played in the CCBL through the Dodger organization in the early 80s (Falmouth Commodores). Welcome again!

howsitwork

Now thinking about it you've got ENDLESS supplies of tool handle ferrules in the form of copper pipe available to you !
I did struggle to debut the inside of the end I fitted onto the too, handle but the rounding over the pipe cutter gives the other end gives a really nice looking finish to the end which the tool goes into.

Top Bottom