Hello from Boston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drewdin

My neighbour recently got me into woodturning and pen making, I'm a rookie who just got a lathe and some tools on craigslist and making shavings and catches daily!

I'm hoping to learn a ton!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas.

That's kinda how I got started - just watched a few videos, bought a lathe & some tools and started turning without having any idea of what I was getting into. That was almost 3 years ago and I learn something new every day. What fun!

duncsuss

Hi -- another Boston-burb-ian here :biggrin:

There are at least 3 other folks here who are members of the same turning club as me, we meet at the Woodcraft store in Woburn ... next meeting is in just a couple of days, Thursday 8/20, you're more than welcome to come along and check us out.

jsolie

Welcome from Southern California! There is a wealth of information here. If you encounter a problem, be sure to ask for help. The people here are usually pretty quick to help.

drewdin

There are at least 3 other folks here who are members of the same turning club as me, we meet at the Woodcraft store in Woburn ... next meeting is in just a couple of days, Thursday 8/20, you're more than welcome to come along and check us out.

I practically live at that store so ill try to stop by.

duncsuss

Cool -- meeting "starts" at 7pm, hang a right into the area with the big powertools, then left through the double glass doors into the classroom area.

I'm the one with a British accent (also the membership secretary). Hope to see you there.

drewdin

Cool -- meeting "starts" at 7pm, hang a right into the area with the big powertools, then left through the double glass doors into the classroom area.

I'm the one with a British accent (also the membership secretary). Hope to see you there.

unfortunately I didn't make it to the meeting but I saw there is another one in September. I will be at that one for sure! Thanks again for the invite!

duncsuss

unfortunately I didn't make it to the meeting but I saw there is another one in September. I will be at that one for sure! Thanks again for the invite!

Sure thing -- note that club members get 10% discount on supplies and tools (not power tools or anything that's already on sale) ... and the amount that I spend in there, I save a lot!

duncsuss

Hi Drew -- just in case it had slipped your memory, the next club meeting is this week, Thursday 9/17, at the Woodcraft store in Woburn :biggrin:

Top Bottom