Hello from AZ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Partyof5

Hi, my name is Jay, and I am in the US Air Force stationed at Luke AFB. I have been involved in some type of woodworking off and on as long as I can remember. I started woodturning at the Air Force Base wood shop a year ago, and got bit by the bug. I have three children, and my oldest (8 year old daughter) is absolutely fascinated by seeing pens being made on YouTube videos. So, I thought I would dive into this and bring her and my boys (twin 5 yo) along for the ride. I have a lathe and some tools, but I haven't gotten any pen related items yet. This site seems to offer a lot of advice, and I hope to tap into it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Jay, to the addiction from far west Kentucky. For information, check out the Library link on the top of the page. There you will find a treasure of information on just about anything on pen making you could want. For the rest, just post your questions here with photos if possible, and you will discover many ways to solve your question.
That is a wonderful idea about the kids. Working with Dad brings on great memories for both. Thank you for your service for our country.
Grab some wood or other stuff, make shavings and rejoice.
Charles

its_virgil

Welcome Jay from Texas. Did you know that there will be a woodturning symposium in Phoenix, well actually in Mesa, on Feb 18-20? There will be a penturning meeting on Friday evening and 6 pen demos during the symposium. It would be an excellent opportunity to meet some local penturners. Check it out at http://www.desertwoodturningroundupo.com

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hi, my name is Jay, and I am in the US Air Force stationed at Luke AFB. I have been involved in some type of woodworking off and on as long as I can remember. I started woodturning at the Air Force Base wood shop a year ago, and got bit by the bug. I have three children, and my oldest (8 year old daughter) is absolutely fascinated by seeing pens being made on YouTube videos. So, I thought I would dive into this and bring her and my boys (twin 5 yo) along for the ride. I have a lathe and some tools, but I haven't gotten any pen related items yet. This site seems to offer a lot of advice, and I hope to tap into it.

corian king

Welcome Jay!! from Va.
Just dive right in and ask for help if you need it.Someone here will be glad to give all the info you need.Or checkout the library.
Good luck and have fun!!
JIM

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Jay, A big welcome my friend from Southern Indiana. Having three kiddos is a full time job, let alone being in the Air Force to boot.

Being you have three kids one day hopefully going to college, you might want to go to this website: http://pensforcollege.com/default.aspx. (I wish I had thought of this for my two!) This boy does a GREAT job at making pens and selling them for his future college expenses! Good luck!

airrat

Welcome to the site from Chandler Az. I am on the other side of town but if you are this way and I am not being forced to work against my will at work let me know.

Thanks for your service.

BamaYank

Hey From Bridgeport, AL

Hello Jay, and welcome! I too was in the USAF way back in 1964-1969.
Enjoy the site and if you need help here is the place to come!

Ps. Thanks You for your service to Our Country. May God Bless You and Your Family
The "BamaYank"

Top Bottom