Hello from Aurora

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

excalibur

Hi folks
I just joined today (and thanks for the quick response from edman !) I feel welcome already.
Little about myself - New to woodturning - my wife introduced me about 2 years ago - her father gave her a craftsman lathe for her 16th birthday (24 years ago) - and it has collected dust since - we began with simple spindles and bowls to get a feel for the tools and such and got introduced to pens about a year ago - with us it's a two for one membership - Debbie is just what every turner wants an eager wife participant - we have only turned slimline pens - use HUT products - get most of our wood from OP hardwoods - have turned some Black Walnut, Cedar, Mulberry and Sycamore from our own farm trees - I am a chef by trade - Debbie is the bookkeeper for family business - native Nebraskan (sorry) moved here 5 years ago - hope to spend some time with you folks chatting and getting ideas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DustyDenim

Welcome Niels and Deb. You will find a wealth of information on this site. Don't be afraid to ask questions, if someone does not know the answer, we will be glad to try to steer you in the right direction. Hope you two can make it to the meeting this Saturday at Springfield, and maybe we can get in a little ribbing if Missouri wins over your native Nebraska tonight. Fred.

Rollerbob

Welcome Neils and Deb!! Certainly want to encourage you to get connected with the MO group. Freddie (edman2) can give you any info that you will need to join them. If I can be of assistance, do not hesitate to give me a shout!

excalibur

Fred

"Maybe we can get in a little ribbing if Missouri wins over your native Nebraska tonight. Fred."
Does this mean I get to rib you now that the 4th quarter Nebraska miracle occured?
What a wet messy game.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Niels, Deb,
Welcome to both of you. There are several couples here that participate together in pen turning and or on this forum. Join in the fun here!

I am posting links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

DustyDenim

Ouch!

Niels: I guess I should have never brought up the ribbing part huh? Yes, I am fair game now that we both know who won. Our Neighbors went and they left at halftime. That's when i should have shut the TV off. Hope to see you guys Saturday. Fred.

excalibur

Saturday

Folks - I would love to say I will be there Saturday for sure - but can't say it "for sure" - as I stated I am a chef and work Saturday AM - as a chef I am used to the business dictating my schedule and I may or may not be able to get there - slower days I am off by 11-12 - busy and I may get "stuck" longer - lets just say IF we can we will be there.

Top Bottom