Hello from Arkasas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phil806

Glad to be back among fellow turners! I turned pens several years ago and had to stop for personal reasons. I just got my tools set back up and getting back to turning!! Things have changed a bit over the past few years. Looking to learn some of the new techniques that are out there. However, I am a wood guy! Turned some acrylics, but I enjoy wood better!! I also enjoy turning duck calls, but going to stick with pens for now! I do this as a hobby and have never sold a pen, I gift them all. That gives me more pleasure than money.

Anyway, glad to be here!!!!

Phil806

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
hey,, welcome from Bryant,ar .. there is also an Arkansas chapter group, might want to check it out..

BJohn

Welcome back to the dark side. Not sure were in Arkansas you live. But we have a pretty diverse turning group that meets in Jacksonville on the 3rd Thursday of each month.

rockb

Hey Phil, welcome from way out in Californi-ay..... Lots of good guys here and good wood to be found too. Enjoy, Rocky

Phil806

Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcomes!! Looking forward to getting to know folks!! Already sent my info for the Central Arkansas Group!! I am ready for weather to get a bit warmer, this southern boy does not like temps in the teens and my garage is not heated!! Have to sharpen my tools. Ex wives have a tendency to put tools in strange locations. Best set rusted to where they were ruined. Using a cheap set for now, and they lose a edge really quick. But I can make them work for now!! Looking at going carbide for my next set.

Krudwig

Welcome, I'm with you on the cold! A small elecrtric heater with a theromstat will do surprisingly well in the garage. I used to use one in our camper when we camped and it would heat a 27' trailer nice saved running the main unit and was a lot quiter!

Top Bottom