Hello from Adelaide, South Australia!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick78

Hi everyone,
I'm new to woodturning and have taken a liking to pens. This site is great for inspiration. I hope to be making a lot more pieces once my kids sport finishes.

Attachments

• 20210326_171339.jpg
    20210326_171339.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210326_170943.jpg
    20210326_170943.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210221_170245.jpg
    20210221_170245.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 135
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike2.0

Hi Nick,

I'm new also. I'm getting into pen turning because of my brother Sam who called Adelaide SA home for some 40 years.
When he visited about 8 years ago we took a class at WoodCraft just for "shits and giggles" as he would say.
Now that he's gone I can't stop thinking about the time we spent together.
So I ordered a lathe and as soon as it comes I'll be turning pens.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Mike2.0

Nick78

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP Community. Have you been impacted by any of the flooding in the East? - Regards, Dave
Hi Dave
Lucky for us the flooding hasn't effected South Australia. We are a very dry state, normally it's bushfires that get us in the summertime.
Thank you for your message, I look forward to getting more involved with the IAP

Nick78

Hi Nick,

I'm new also. I'm getting into pen turning because of my brother Sam who called Adelaide SA home for some 40 years.
When he visited about 8 years ago we took a class at WoodCraft just for "shits and giggles" as he would say.
Now that he's gone I can't stop thinking about the time we spent together.
So I ordered a lathe and as soon as it comes I'll be turning pens.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Mike2.0
Hello Mike, small world isn't it? Adelaide is pretty small, most people have never heard of it. I look forward to seeing some of your pens, it is very addictive once you start..

magpens

@Nick78

Hi Nick !! . Warm Welcome to IAP !! . :D :D

I lived in Adelaide for 10 years ... south side ... Blackwood .

Would love some news of Adelaide when you get a mo to drop a line, please ! . :):)

Nick78

@Nick78

Hi Nick !! . Warm Welcome to IAP !! . :D :D

I lived in Adelaide for 10 years ... south side ... Blackwood .

Would love some news of Adelaide when you get a mo to drop a line, please ! . :):)
Hi Mate,
I live in Flagstaff Hill not far from Blackwood!!
Things are great here, we have deal with COVID really well here. Only 4 lives lost in Adelaide, life is pretty much back to normal, in fact I'm off to a game of Australian rules Football today with 45,000 other fans. Our economy has bounce back really well, there are jobs galore on offer at the moment. Amazing to hear from someone who has lived here. Adelaide is a small place, most people have never heard of it!!

Top Bottom