Hello, few questions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paweł.J

Hi. I'm a future i wants to start penturning, mallet making etc. At start i need lathe and here is first questions what do You think about Coronet Herald from Record Power. If i got turning machine need to have some tools and here is second question what You think of magic skew and other two tools from t.shadows and IT is possible to buy it on europe? Other tool i was thinking is m42 from Crown. Hope i asked nicely. 😁

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Welcome to the forum and you did ask your questions politely.

Being an American based forum you will find very few members using Coronet lathes so are unlikely to get much first hand experience with them. Better would be to ask the lathe questions on a British site like UKworkshop or the Pen Turning Forums in England. We can provide you with a lot of other help so stick around and explore this place. I wasn't trying to drive you off. ;)

The Crown tools are as good as any so you won't be disappointed buying some. I don't use carbide so can't help you with them.

Paweł.J

Welcome to the forum and you did ask your questions politely.

Being an American based forum you will find very few members using Coronet lathes so are unlikely to get much first hand experience with them. Better would be to ask the lathe questions on a British site like UKworkshop or the Pen Turning Forums in England. We can provide you with a lot of other help so stick around and explore this place. I wasn't trying to drive you off. ;)

The Crown tools are as good as any so you won't be disappointed buying some. I don't use carbide so can't help you with them.

Thank You very much 😁 didnt know IT is american based forum but, skill is skill and i like this one :p

howsitwork

Coronet herald is a good quality lathe, well built . Crown tools are good quality but can't say about carbide ones as never tried them. I use carbide when metal working and might make some to try out.

Welcome from the UK.

Ian

Paweł.J

Oh. Axminster.co.uk are great as i can see. I found Dictum shop in Germany, i saw three some noble stuff and ehh with noble price too. Too nad for me right now but dream could make true in future haha! Thank You all for replay to my thread 😁.

Welcome Pawel from Montana USA. The Magic Skew, I've heard, is very good. I don't own one so it's just what people have told me. I've got some old friends that live in Poland. The pictures they send me are beautiful. Maybe some day I'll visit. Enjoy your new adventure!

Top Bottom