Hello everyone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TB4

I am completely new to turning, in that, I haven't even really started yet! However, my first lathe is scheduled to show up on friday and I couldn't be more excited.

I got into using fountain pens a few years ago and have a background in woodworking, so I decided to bite the bullet and put the two together. I have run into a number of posts here over the last few months as I've been gathering information, and am happy to have joined up and look forward to having some work done soon!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrich7970

Hi there (name goes here ????) !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! :)

Maybe he just wants to be known as TB4!

Hi TB4! Like you, I'm new to turning. I've been doing it for maybe two months now and, thanks to the folks here, I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot.

The worst part is waiting for stuff to be shipped. :)

Reactions: KJA

egnald

Greetings from just down the road a ways in Columbus and welcome to IAP. I am anxious to see some of your work. There is a Forum called "Show Off Your Pens!" I haven't posted many lately because the pens I have made most recently were submitted as entries into the IAP 2020 Summer Extravaganza contests.

Regards,
Dave (egnald)

howsitwork

Maybe he just wants to be known as TB4!

Hi TB4! Like you, I'm new to turning. I've been doing it for maybe two months now and, thanks to the folks here, I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot.

The worst part is waiting for stuff to be shipped. :)
Nah the worst part is when SWMBO signs for a parcel for you and look to see what's come !

Welcome form the UK

TB4

Thank you all! Its great seeing that this appears to be a very welcoming forum, looking forward to learning from and chatting with you all!

howsitwork

MNy years ago I was told by a wise uncle " when you finish a job she really likes make sure you grab hold of th3 most expensive tool she knows you bought and exclaim " I couldn't have done this without .... this tool" so they remember it! Doesn't matter what the tool is or even if you used it at all , it's the impression . The. the next time you "need" a new too, reminisce a bit ain't the previous job and how much the tool made it possible. Tried it and it does work , sometimes ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sharon and any ladies reading this you are sworn to secrecy as members of the pen turning fellowship ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

jrich7970

MNy years ago I was told by a wise uncle " when you finish a job she really likes make sure you grab hold of th3 most expensive tool she knows you bought and exclaim " I couldn't have done this without .... this tool" so they remember it! Doesn't matter what the tool is or even if you used it at all , it's the impression . The. the next time you "need" a new too, reminisce a bit ain't the previous job and how much the tool made it possible. Tried it and it does work , sometimes ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sharon and any ladies reading this you are sworn to secrecy as members of the pen turning fellowship ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Ha ha ha ha ha! I must try this!

R. C. Rutter

Welcome from Hendersonville, Tennessee.
Be sure to check out the Library.
Since you are new to turning, you might also consider seeking out a local chapter of the AAW. Another source and wealth of information.

TB4

NOW I am intrigued and curious!!

Just tell us your name TB4!!!!!!!!

Welcome anyway

Mike
HAH! I just realized there was a real name section that I skipped over, so here it is...
I'm Batman... or Andrew, one of the two, I'll let you guys decide!

howsitwork

HAH! I just realized there was a real name section that I skipped over, so here it is...
I'm Batman... or Andrew, one of the two, I'll let you guys decide!
doesn't it depend upon whether or not you rewearing the rubber suit?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Top Bottom