Hello everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mick21

Hi everyone, my name is Mick and I'm 60 years young and from Newcastle upon Tyne , England. Totally new to turning having last worked on a Lathe when I was 17.
Just purchased a lathe and other items and will hopefully be up and running soon.
Thanks for taking me on and looking forward to learning from you all.

cheers, Mick.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to IAP and turning.
We have an Newcastle here in Nebraska, it is a small village in the Northeastern corner of the state.

Yours sincerely,
Dave

howsitwork

Ah but the bigger question. is which PART of Newcastle - upon -Tyne ?

Greeti ba, best wishes and welcome from someone who spent a few happy years working in the west end, then moved on eventually to Ashington and then down to Yorkshire . Have yo been upto Keenlysides of Bedlington ? I assume they re still there as they were a great bunch t9 deal with and Northumbrian turners were based there as I recall?

Mick21

Ah but the bigger question. is which PART of Newcastle - upon -Tyne ?

Greeti ba, best wishes and welcome from someone who spent a few happy years working in the west end, then moved on eventually to Ashington and then down to Yorkshire . Have yo been upto Keenlysides of Bedlington ? I assume they re still there as they were a great bunch t9 deal with and Northumbrian turners were based there as I recall?

Hi. I was born and brought up in the west end of Newcastle. Now living near Kenton. I don't know anything about Keenlysides.

howsitwork

Well according to the net they are still trading. They did have meetings for turners in an area outback when I lived up that way but that was 20 years ago mind! Has a good timber selection and plenty of useful tools and hardware to see and try. As I said northumbrian turners were based there but again that's a while back not sure now.

Now there's another group meets at Washington ( old Washington not the galleries ) it was on a monday afternoon/ evening but currently doubt they're meeting up.

Mick21

Well according to the net they are still trading. They did have meetings for turners in an area outback when I lived up that way but that was 20 years ago mind! Has a good timber selection and plenty of useful tools and hardware to see and try. As I said northumbrian turners were based there but again that's a while back not sure now.

Now there's another group meets at Washington ( old Washington not the galleries ) it was on a monday afternoon/ evening but currently doubt they're meeting up.

Thanks, just found Keenlysides on the net. I will have a look up there when I get the chance.

Top Bottom