Hello again,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobA

Hi folks,
I learned how to turn pens and was a member here probably about 12 to 14 years ago. Haven't been able to turn anything for quite a while. Finally was able to get my lathe set back up again. Had it up and running for maybe 2 weeks now. Found all my old pen kits and managed to turn a few. Attached is pic of a woodcraft click pen. Don't remember the name. Have no idea what the woods are.

Attachments

• IMG_20230425_184158_01.jpg
    IMG_20230425_184158_01.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 82
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome back. I've been a member for only about 5 years or so, but I'm always asking for a history lesson about pen turning since it is a relatively young craft, as far as pen kits are concerned. Woodcraft calls their Sierra style the "Wallstreet II". , at least it looks very similar. Regardless of what the wood is, you made a very attractive pen with it. - Dave

RobA

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Egnald, yes, wall Street 2 is correct. Couldn't for the life of me remember that name. I'm glad you mentioned the Sierra pen kit. I knew there were others that made the same pen by different names. That's what I'm trying to learn about right now. Which ones are which.

Luckyscroller, lol. I couldn't understand why the heck you mentioned crab legs. My first thought was, well he must be replying to a different thread but click this one instead. Then I remembered I took the picture on an ad. That's at Winn-Dixie grocery store in Northwest Florida.

Top Bottom