Hello again!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolandranch

Hey all!

It's been a few years since I've been very active. I just graduated from Bob Jones University with my degree in Biblical Studies (hence the inactivity). But I've still been making pens along the way to pay for school and, praise the Lord, I'm graduating debt-free by turning pens! Now I'm back in the shop for now to keep building the business to help my younger siblings get through school.

I hope to be around here more often and reconnect with all you penturning legends that I learned everything from. Also, I'm doing a lot of organizing and re-homing the extra stuff I don't need, so keep your eyes out for some giveaways and for-sale stuff.

P.S. My whole family drove across the country from AZ to SC to see me graduate so I attached a pic of them. They're an instant party for sure. 😂

Attachments

• graduationfam (1).jpg
    graduationfam (1).jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 125
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Congratulations are in order. Happy that you found your way back here. You will notice a few new forums and things happening these past few years. Always look forward to seeing your work. Good luck as you continue down your chosen path.

its_virgil

Congratulations Seth on you recent "debt free" university graduation. It has been interesting watching as you progressed from being a new member here to your HS graduation and now your university graduation. And, you used your pens to sell and take notes and not sign loan agreements. Looking to what the Lord has in store for you. Welcome back.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

leehljp

Member Liaison
Congratulations on the graduation and on being "debt free" Seth. Great to see you again. Hope you get to posting some pens that you make. Would love to see your work again!

Where will your degree be taking you now? Pastoring? Blessings to you.
Hank Lee

egnald

Congratulations! and welcome back to the IAP community. So is your "back in the shop" back in Arizona? I really like turning the Southwest styles of pen kits, especially using combinations of Turquoise SimStone and Sonoran Desert Ironwood. - Dave

Rolandranch

Congratulations on the graduation and on being "debt free" Seth. Great to see you again. Hope you get to posting some pens that you make. Would love to see your work again!

Where will your degree be taking you now? Pastoring? Blessings to you.
Hank Lee
Thank you and good to hear from you again! I'm not planning to go into full-time ministry, but my degree should allow me to be more helpful in whatever church I'm a part of. I'm not sure exactly what the next steps are but I'm wanting to be involved with mission work to some degree.

Rolandranch

Congratulations! and welcome back to the IAP community. So is your "back in the shop" back in Arizona? I really like turning the Southwest styles of pen kits, especially using combinations of Turquoise SimStone and Sonoran Desert Ironwood. - Dave
Yep! I'm back in Tucson. The southwest styles are some of our favorites. And I completely agree. The ironwood/turquoise combo is a huge hit.

greenacres2

Congratulations Seth!! No surprise to me to see where you are. Funny, last weekend i was "rummaging" and ran across a large envelope of thuya burl--sniffed a few pieces and wondered how you were doing!! Great to have you back--at least for a short time!!
Enjoy the Journey!!
earl

Rolandranch

Congratulations are in order. Happy that you found your way back here. You will notice a few new forums and things happening these past few years. Always look forward to seeing your work. Good luck as you continue down your chosen path.
Thank you! Good to see so many friends still around. Yes, I noticed a lot of new things happening around here. And I like the new updated look.

Rolandranch

Congratulations Seth!! No surprise to me to see where you are. Funny, last weekend i was "rummaging" and ran across a large envelope of thuya burl--sniffed a few pieces and wondered how you were doing!! Great to have you back--at least for a short time!!
Enjoy the Journey!!
earl
Yes, I think you were one of my best customers! 😂 Good to hear from you! And if you ever need more of that thuya, just let me know 😂

Rolandranch

Congratulations Seth on you recent "debt free" university graduation. It has been interesting watching as you progressed from being a new member here to your HS graduation and now your university graduation. And, you used your pens to sell and take notes and not sign loan agreements. Looking to what the Lord has in store for you. Welcome back.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Great to hear from you, Don! I'm still profiting from all your blank casting help.

Top Bottom