Hello again from Reston VA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emackrell

Hello to all of you after several years away.

I was a member here about ten years ago, fairly active on the forum, and learned a lot from many of you.

Unfortunately, over the past few years my arthritis has worsened to the point that I'm no longer able to turn...my penmaking days are now behind me! I'm not thrilled with this but I've come to accept it, albeit grudgingly.

Over the next few days I'll start posting in the classifieds with tools, blanks and kits for sale, so someone else can enjoy them.

More to follow!

Cheers Eileen MacKrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hello Eileen and welcome back.

Sorry to hear about your arthritis - it can certainly be debilitating. My father could barely walk the last couple of years of his life due to arthritis. I have a chronic osteoarthritic condition in my right wrist from an injury back in 1965. It will likely end my turning days at some point, but I hope it's still a long way off.

Best of luck with your sale & be sure to participate in some of the BASH contests & activities. There will be a number of things going on that don't involve turning.

Charlie_W

Hi Eileen!
Welcome back from Sterling!
Sorry to hear that you can no longer turn.

There are several of us penturners right in your backyard. We might be able to help you with finding a home for your equipment as there are several woodturning clubs nearby with lots of turners who like tools!

Also, consider coming and joining one of our clubs. Even though you are not currently turning, you may enjoy the fellowship and seeing what others are doing and our professional demonstrators.
I am sure as a turner, you can share some of your turning knowledge with us and new turners as well.
Send me a private message if you want more info.

Take care!

Top Bottom