HEEE'S BACK!!! BBQ in OCT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Druid

I've been traveling quite a bit to wonderful vacation hot spots (sarcastic)... blame it on Ed, Dawn (local dairy land tax payers) & Curtis (local pizzle stick sheriff)!

So with that said I'm taking a pulse to see whose is still interested to have a get together on the 15th or 22nd of October in Stafford, VA (weather permitting)

This years theme: Clandestine Penturner event.

(yes, some of my family spooks will be joining us so bring your decoder ring and only John Doe and Margaret Smith names tags are allowed.)

Instead of bobbing for apples we will do something really exciting this year.... water board! :eek: Specially crafted myself with a fabulous 100% Tung Oil finish! I think I heard Jon volunteer.:tongue:

Seriously, all puns aside...

Put your RSVP where your pen is in this thread!: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jim

Last edited:

Draken

Open to family/kids? Not sure if my wife is working those weekends, so I'd need to be able to bring my daughter or make other arrangements before I could commit, but I am interested.

GoodTurns

should be really good brisket as I will be doing some "practice brisket" (and burgers and ribs) on the 15th for the kid's 18th birthday....****, I'm old. His request for his birthday was a barbeque FOR HIS DORM.... told him he could invite 20 or skip next semester...

jbswearingen

I might be in for this. The Missus wants to go camping before the end of October, so I have to check to see which weekend she wants. If I do attend, I'll have kids in tow. Will that be okay? An eight year old and a 17 month old.

GoodTurns

Instead of bobbing for apples we will do something really exciting this year.... water board! :eek: Specially crafted myself with a fabulous 100% Tung Oil finish! I think I heard Jon volunteer.

I have snow boarded, knee boarded, surf boarded, skate boarded and once or twice been "over-boarded"...how tough could waterboarding be?

Russianwolf

Instead of bobbing for apples we will do something really exciting this year.... water board! :eek: Specially crafted myself with a fabulous 100% Tung Oil finish! I think I heard Jon volunteer.

I have snow boarded, knee boarded, surf boarded, skate boarded and once or twice been "over-boarded"...how tough could waterboarding be?

Not fun, I'll tell you that.

Druid

[SIZE=+0]Kids are certainly welcome![/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Brisket sounds great, I'm thinking having some shredded pork BBQ also.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Looks like we are targeting Oct 22nd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Mike, I have a 42" HD that has your name on it... but it doesn't support West Virginyee subtitle LOL[/SIZE]

As to the water board.. well that was a politically incorrect and inappropriate punch line. Please disregard my statement... Where's "Delete-Man" when you need him!

More details to follow

Russianwolf

Mike, I have a 42" HD that has your name on it... but it doesn't support West Virginyee subtitle LOL

That's fine as I'm from South Cakalacky, Just transplanted into West #@#$% Virginia (reference to T-Shirt that some fans were wearing at the Marshal game). I'm a good ole Clemson grad after all.

Druid

should be really good brisket as I will be doing some "practice brisket" (and burgers and ribs) on the 15th for the kid's 18th birthday....****, I'm old. His request for his birthday was a barbeque FOR HIS DORM.... told him he could invite 20 or skip next semester...

Jon,
I remember the brisket you made at the last get together... you da' man.. my mouth is watering just thinking about it... bring it on buddy!!!

MDWine

Halleluja brother, and AMEN

(Okay, this is a voice from the grave, I know [almost literally!])

I must send an AMEN to brother Russianwolf. Faith is very important. While I would rather attend "services", I would like to come if you will allow me to run to the truck to listen to some of the services on radio! (Doesn't sound like we agree on the particular house of worship, but we can agree to disagree!)

We spent 4 years giving to our collection plate, and have become very attached to that "church". We enjoy sermons from Reverend Beamer, and value the advice and guidance of Elder Foster and their disciples (Bro.Thomas, Bro.Wilson, among others!)

I can also supplement the congregational dinner!

I would like to attend if you'll have me.

Druid

Event Update 9/25

Date: 22 October
Time: 1:00 - 7:00 (if you arrive before 1:00 that's fine)
WEATHER PERMITTING

Entire family is welcome, bring a portable lawn chair if you can.

I will prepare, pulled pork BBQ, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, etc.

I think Jon offered to bring the best brisket this side of the Mississippi

Post on this thread what side dish or desert you would like to bring

IAP NOVA/Capitol chapter gift bag will be distributed to those who RSVP and attend

Bring a few goodies for the "Swap"

RSVP
1. Draken (Homemade mac and cheese)
2. Russianwolf
3. GoodTurns
4. BRobbins629
5. MDWine (Baked Beans)
6. jthompson1995
7. azamiryou (deviled eggs)
8. jbswearingen ???

Come on folks, we've been talking about this for over a year now

I will PM directions shortly before the event

Last edited:

Russianwolf

(Okay, this is a voice from the grave, I know [almost literally!])

I must send an AMEN to brother Russianwolf. Faith is very important. While I would rather attend "services", I would like to come if you will allow me to run to the truck to listen to some of the services on radio! (Doesn't sound like we agree on the particular house of worship, but we can agree to disagree!)

We spent 4 years giving to our collection plate, and have become very attached to that "church". We enjoy sermons from Reverend Beamer, and value the advice and guidance of Elder Foster and their disciples (Bro.Thomas, Bro.Wilson, among others!)

I can also supplement the congregational dinner!

I would like to attend if you'll have me.
I'm a fan of all "denominations", so I dont mind flipping channels. And since we go head to head next week (battle of the undefeated ACC teams) we'll be fine by the 22nd assuming I can make it.

Now to see if I can make the trip. Jim, where are
you at exactly?

Last edited:

Druid

Mike,
I can stream any game, TV show, or movie anywhere so don't worry about flipping channels. I broke the shackle and chain of satellite and cable a while ago. I pull local channels and the HD signal on the upload with good ole fashion UHF/VHF antenna and HD stream everything else on high bandwidth free.

Your boy's from Death Valley are looking pretty good in the ACC right now.

Last edited:

MDWine

The ACC is getting tougher and tougher all th etime, it seems.
Duke beat BC? Interesting!!

I'm a big fan of my wife's baked beans, so I'll bring a pot of those!
If you need additional chips/cups/etc, just let me know.

Looking forward to ti.

Last edited:

GoodTurns

I'm up in the air still. Lillian mentioned a baby shower the same day, just need to see if I can attend the one while she attends the other.

you mean you were actually thinking of going to the shower? Turn in your man card. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Druid

It's shaping up to be somewhere around 35-40. I'll have a more precise number by the end of the week.

Russianwolf

I'm up in the air still. Lillian mentioned a baby shower the same day, just need to see if I can attend the one while she attends the other.

you mean you were actually thinking of going to the shower? Turn in your man card. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

just trying to find out if I'm expected to stay home and pup sit, or if I get to go to someone else's man-cave. ;)

MDWine

Good news: The surgery I've been waiting a year for is scheduled for 10/11.
Bad news: I don't know if I'll make it to the picnic. I have no idea how well I'll be getting around when picnic time comes around.

I should know more on Friday, so I'll let you know.

Druid

Good news: The surgery I've been waiting a year for is scheduled for 10/11.
Bad news: I don't know if I'll make it to the picnic. I have no idea how well I'll be getting around when picnic time comes around.

I should know more on Friday, so I'll let you know.

Best of luck with the surgery and a wish for a speedy recovery!

Draken

Good luck Michael on your surgery, here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Things are looking good for the family and I to attend the picnic (3 total). Lets hope for good weather.

Druid

I'm returning today so last call for the group order on woman's pumps &high heels. The drag queens have a greater variety and selection than that of NYC. Especially the glitter type like those ruby red slippers that Dorthy wore.... No Toto, we are definatly not in Kansas!

I'll send the location info out sometime later this week, its pretty easy to find. Dont forget to bring lawn chairs with you and if you have a portable table that would be great.

Druid

Is it just one pup? If so, bring the pup along. dang dude... you bounce back & forth worse than a bungy cord LOL

Top Bottom