Heartbreak!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Unloading the dishwasher today, my lovely Wife dropped my 5th Anniversary IAP mug, and it shattered! I was very good, and said these things happen, which they do. But it was my absolute favorite coffee drinking mug! None of the other years mugs have measured up to this one. I think I'll go in my corner and cry now! 😂

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Yes, it often helps if one Greaves a bit !!

Sorry about the demise of your mug ! . Maybe another member might have one they don't use as a possible replacement.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry Scott. That's the one year I didn't get. I had the opportunity but failed to order it. It's going to be quite an adjustment for you, I know.
You handled it well. ;)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Scott, I can relate !!! I use my first white mug every day......it is my favourite of all my mugs. But last night it cracked around the top of the handle. I opened the crack a tiny bit and applied ca, but I know that ca isn't great with heat.
I might pull the handle clean off and use an epoxy....
Absolutely gutted....:(

Sorry to hear about your mug Scott. To make sure that doesn't happen to mine I never put it in the dishwasher or wash it. I keep it covered in the shop when not in use and it just ages like a fine bottle of wine. Best cup of coffee you'll ever drink, I hope you can get a replacement for it.

Scott

Thank you all for your response! A longtime friend and IAP member has offered to send me his mug, and I just have to figure out what to send him back. Ssshhh, it's a surprise! 😁

Mal - Greaves! (Groan)

Tom - A segmented mug out of the pieces - why didn't I think?

Chuck - Thanks! I broke one of her favorite mugs last year, so I didn't have any room to say anything!

Steven - I think I have one of those white mugs just laying around. Just say the word!

Ernie - What! Oh, the luxury of having two of these mugs around! As clumsy as I am you better hold on to those for me!

Tom - Just like my tools and knives, the best ones get used! 🥸

Charlie - Thanks for the sentiment!

Thanks all for the kind comments!

Scott.

WriteON

Pass the mug....we'll buy ya new one. Anyway sorry to hear ...but they say when a mug breaks you get 7 years of good luck

Penchant 4

There is a Japanese craft/art wherein they reassemble shattered pottery. Cannot think of the name at the moment; and likely of little use at this point of your grieving process.

Dehn0045

There is a Japanese craft/art wherein they reassemble shattered pottery. Cannot think of the name at the moment; and likely of little use at this point of your grieving process.
Kintsugi - I had to look it up. I was thinking of Wabi-Sabi, which is about embracing imperfections. I guess Kintsugi is a specific form of Wabi-Sabi, interesting topic and beautiful art.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well, i apparently dont have the 5th. But in my opinion, the 11th was a true mug!!! Its a monster.

Attachments

• 20201206_091040-1.jpg
    20201206_091040-1.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201206_090345.jpg
    20201206_090345.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom