hcpens wins!!! John U Feather Blank auction!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Yes,yes. Great $460.00 I am off the hook. Thank you Richard. However when the rain stops I will see if I can find another jar in the back yard. We use jars in Florida, coffee cans rust to fast.
Smitty may want to see if he has any money stashed out back or in the mattress. Looks like a few more bucks and he could retain the title.

Hey Partner -- If you had fun, it was a good ride -- Find the jar and come on back. There is always next year.

Richard is there to keep the process going - With a vendor of deep pockets sitting in the wings. IAP cannot lose!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OMG.
I would love to bid on these blanks, they are so wonderful. Thank you JohnU.
We have trouble selling a pen for more than $75.00 over here so unfortunately there is no way I could justify that price.
Thanks to Tom and Ken for your support of the IAP.

Bob.
Well Have JohnU turn the pen for you and start a Pen Collection....that's where the blank of his that I have resides. And that makes it worth even more Blank and Pen by JohnU.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes,yes. Great $460.00 I am off the hook. Thank you Richard. However when the rain stops I will see if I can find another jar in the back yard. We use jars in Florida, coffee cans rust to fast.
Smitty may want to see if he has any money stashed out back or in the mattress. Looks like a few more bucks and he could retain the title.

Hey Partner -- If you had fun, it was a good ride -- Find the jar and come on back. There is always next year.

Richard is there to keep the process going - With a vendor of deep pockets sitting in the wings. IAP cannot lose!!!
I didn't know OKLAHOMAN (Roy Robaldo) was waiting in the wings (ed4copies is the auctioneer and probably can't bid),

hcpens

I'll give u guy's a call when the bill collectors come a calling. But this Auction is far from over, there's a skunk out there in them snow banks that's goner thaw out just in time to snatch up this item, while I am a sleeping.

What am I bidding on anyway:confused:

KenV

I didn't know OKLAHOMAN (Roy Robaldo) was waiting in the wings (ed4copies is the auctioneer and probably can't bid),

In a Tall Tales Contest, the first story teller has a disadvantage. Hard to top that story.

I know --- an old story teller got chuckles from " I can beat that -- I believe you!!"

Ok

$475

Tom T

Ken,
It stopped raining no more jars. Just trying to have a little fun.
Arizona is a great place this time of the year.
Tom

KenV

Ken,
It stopped raining no more jars. Just trying to have a little fun.
Arizona is a great place this time of the year.
Tom

I hope you have had a lot of fun!!! =

Having fun with IAP and turning is what this is all about.

Alaska has promise for summer -- but supposed to be down to 18 this weekend in Juneau. That might be warmer than some of the East Coast though.....

I am enjoying Richards poetic references to a striped critter -- there must be one hiding in the grass.......

KenV

Richard -- I think your premise is flawed. I won the John U auction last year and know what is involved. This one has gotten to a pretty rarified level (for me) -- a bit higher than last year. When I bid -- it is with the dual objective of supporting IAP and being willing to pay the price if I win.

It is the ones over in the weeds that are likely to come sniping later today that will surprise us. You have made this an interesting party and I thank you.

Last edited:

hcpens

Ken, hope to meet you sometime in person; have really enjoyed meeting you on line and the other interesting members. I look forward in supporting IAP and other great members like you, as it is the main place I have learned most of my pen making skills. I am glad we can have fun and still get business done, and yes, this bid is past my comfort zone too, but it is for a great organization with great members supporting it.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Richard, you are leading at $475.01!!

No need to advance your own bid,

We are looking for someone ELSE to bid

$480!!

(THEN, if you want to raise, that's fine)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I just counted---

There are enough blanks there to make FOUR Junior series and

SIX sierras,

as well as FOUR pens of your choosing with the embedded items!!

Who will bid

$480

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
WOW!

Just look at all the fun eBay is missing by automating all that last minute sparring!

Thanks Richard & Karl! What a great finish!

John, if you ever get to feeling like all your work on these blanks isn't worth it, I hope you'll re-read this thread for inspiration! THANK YOU for your generous gift of time and effort.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Congratulations Richard .... You and Ken made this a fun auction to follow I had to stay away to keep from spending money I don't have.. I think by next year I'll be able to get back in the hunt.

Top Bottom