hcpens wins!!! John U Feather Blank auction!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
See Entry #22 in this thread for the FULL PACKAGE!!!

FOURTEEN PENS WORTH, IN ALL!!

Ends Sunday, 9 PM EASTERN USA (New York) Time

Every year, I hear from John, asking if he can help--it is ALWAYS a very welcome call!!

This year, John has given us two of his Fantastic Feather blanks, which he describes as follows:

The first JR II set is made with a Silver Pheasant (background), Quail breast feathers (top ring), Scarlet Macaw feathers (the colorfull center and top accents) and Black Franco (lowers). There are just over 60 feathers cast in Silmar 41 polyresin.

attachment.php

The second JR II set is made with Mallard Duck (flank feather background), Snowflake Quail (white and black center feathers), Rooster Hackle (black lower longer points), Kingfisher (teal lower feathers), Black Franco (lower black striped). There are just over 60 feathers in this set also, cast in Silmar 41.

attachment.php

Remember the "JrII" can be made into the CSUSA Junior Gentleman II, Jr. Statesman II, Jr Emperor or Venus.
These tubes also fit the Berea Atrax and Triton fountain and, with a modification of the spring, they will make a Triton rollerball!!

So, who will open the bidding, please?

Attachments

• 2015 Bash Auction 1_522x600.JPG
    2015 Bash Auction 1_522x600.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,127
  • 2015 Bash Auction 2_495x600.JPG
    2015 Bash Auction 2_495x600.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:

bobleibo

I have a few pens made with JohnU feather blanks (and a few still left to be made) and I will tell you....no matter how good these pics are, they are even more spectacular in person! From first hand experience, if you make a pen with them, lock it up~

KenV

I have had experience with John's Art -- it is spectacular!!!

Fitting of the Junior Emperor or Jr Statesman --

$300

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
since I acquired one of John's Blanks last year --- and convinced John to turn the Pen for me I will leave the field --- but I paid more than is currently bid, so I might be back if folks get too tight fisted....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tom T

Okay central, mountain, and west cost, etc,etc. I have been protecting my position on this auction, but must go to bed. Be back in the morning to see how far back I have fallen. IAP is a great place to hang out. You can almost stay out of trouble.
Tom

KenV

Tom -- It has been slow and you need a challenge to keep you awake

Add $25 to that last bid for me please, Mr Auctioneer!!!

JohnU

Wow! as usual you guys impress me. I hoped to be around more as this went down so I could reward some bidding with extra goodies. Unfortunately work calls and I'm not able to retire yet, so I thought I would stop in early before work and say "Thank You!" Thank you all for your very generous bidding, kind words, and supporting the IAP so we all have this place to come too. Thank you Ed for hosting the auctions and for your help in making the BASH such a success, and Thank you Jeff for all of your time, hard work and allowing us all to play, share and learn on your playground. I truely believe the IAP is the best place on the web and I'm honored to call many of you Friends.

A little more about the blank sets.... As some of you know, I keep very busy making feather blanks, trying to keep up with all of your needs and requests. Once in a while I need to take a step back and do something different, just to break up the routine. When that happens, blanks like these are made and usually end up in my personal stash, which I use for fundraisers, donations and gifts.

Macaw feathers are not something I get a lot of, but once in a while I get lucky. I usually need to sort and clean these feathers, since they come from the bottom of a dirty bird cage. On a rare occasion I get a multi colored feather or two in the group so I've been setting them aside for just a project like this. There will probably never be another one like it. (at least not from me).

Now down to the part all of you bidders are waiting for... your bids are a generous offer to help keep the IAP running and my blanks are a small reward back to you. I want to help you make some of your money back or at least give you a little more prize for your buck so I will lay it out for all of you to see up front. Unfortunately my personal stash has run low with little time to replentish so instead of a couple higher priced items, I'll throw in the following group of items....

*The first is a shredded real $1 Jr set. The pieces are sorted and arranged like a puzzle to remake the dollar bill image with the icon wording alternated between pieces.

*The second is a Jr set with Ruffed Grouse feathers. I planned on keeping this one but I've had it for the past year and haven't found the time to turned it yet.

*The third is a bolt action digital camo blank. It was made from fabric cut off of a real military garment.

*The fourth is a sierra blank made from broken sea shell pieces. A friend gathered these in Florida for a second pen I made for her.

*The fifth is a blank I made several years ago when I first began. It's a multi material sierra with a ringneck feather lower and a hickory wood top.

*The sixth is a carbon fiber squire with a real shark tooth cast inside. It is the last of a group I cast for some family pens.

*The seventh is a white carbon fiber sierra with a single Love Bird feather cast in polyresin.

*The eighth is a pink dyed snakeskin sierra cast in polyresin.

*The last four are alumilite casts I made with mini pine cones, acorn caps, antler pieces and potpouri.

Of course some of you may know I dont like to send a half empty box so I will include 2 IAP can coozies from last years MPG and MAPG I had left over. If theres room in the box after that I will top it off with some misc blanks.

Thank You Again !

Attachments

• jr $_761x600.JPG
    jr $_761x600.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 255
  • jr grouse_525x600.JPG
    jr grouse_525x600.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 248
  • sierra_774x600.JPG
    sierra_774x600.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 257
  • squire-sierra_735x600.JPG
    squire-sierra_735x600.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 279
  • casts_444x600.JPG
    casts_444x600.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 224

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Have recently turn two of John's pen blanks. They look fabulous.
So write me down for $400.00

Tom -- It has been slow and you need a challenge to keep you awake

Add $25 to that last bid for me please, Mr Auctioneer!!!

Making the current bid
$425 From KenV
(and the Alaska oil tax refund):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

THANK YOU, KEN!!

I expect there will be a few raises, now!!
Who will say $450??

firewhatfire

As a poor man, I sure wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. Those are simply amazing.

Whomever gets all of this will be a lucky guy. Thanks JohnU for such a generous donation to the IAP.

Tom T

Bob and Ken,
I woke up this morning and forgot to hit send.
This is really at the edge of my budget so a little more $$ may win the prize.

KenV

Bob and Ken,
I woke up this morning and forgot to hit send.
This is really at the edge of my budget so a little more $$ may win the prize.

Tom -- is that kind of like the saying I heard a number of times while I was purchasing poker lessons " the Winner smiles and the Losers cry 'Deal""

I had a lot of practice crying Deal --

Tom T

Ken,
I have so much respect for Alaska, and also for you. But I have to bump it another $25.00 just to help the cause. You have been extremely helpful to all the IAP members and I learn on every thread I read. So for the good of the cause 450.00. And then you do have that tax advantage. Thanks for keeping me awake. So bump it again please. Maybe Bob will have a good exchange rate and bump it as well.
Tom

Tom T

Mal,
It's Bob from Kalbarri, West Australia post 18. He seems like a super nice guy.
I have to learn how to put the previous posts in that box thing. Maybe in my next life.
Mal, you could bump it a little. I have to admit I won The John U auction the last two years. So I feel a little bad about this. But man have I got some nice pens. I would show them off but then I have to learn how to post pictures. Have I ever told you how computers hate me. It's true, they never work well for me. I have been told it's the interface between the key board or something like that.
Tom

magpens

Thanks for your reply, Tom. There's no real trick to get that boxy thing !! You just click on the QUOTE button in the post you want to quote and then, when this grey box appears you start typing what you want to say about the thing you have just quoted !!

So you have had some experience at this bidding process, eh Tom :biggrin::biggrin: ... time for a change, you reckon ???? Maybe Bob has something up his sleeve to do with that ... but the bid is now well over the AUD500 level which he mentioned a while back.

Hmmmmm .... I wonder what my wife would say if I did jump in :rolleyes::rolleyes: .... I think I know :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Last year I paid the record price for an auction here at the IAP I won't say what it was here but Jeff, Ed and the gang would love to see me toppled from the position of record holder....:biggrin: of course if you start getting close I might tell the hospital to sit on their bill for a bit and get interested in keeping it.:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
On the contrary, LeRoy, we would LOVE to see you as the repeat record holder at an elevated level, THIS year!!!

Fortunately, I know you well enough to know you won't hurt yourself----may draw a few whimpers from the others, but you'll be OK!! Whether you choose to bid or not, it is always fun having you "at the auctions"!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ken,
I have so much respect for Alaska, and also for you. But I have to bump it another $25.00 just to help the cause. You have been extremely helpful to all the IAP members and I learn on every thread I read. So for the good of the cause 450.00. And then you do have that tax advantage. Thanks for keeping me awake. So bump it again please. Maybe Bob will have a good exchange rate and bump it as well.
Tom

It appears we have $450

THANK YOU, TOM!!!

Who will make it $460 or better??

Bob Wemm

OMG.
I would love to bid on these blanks, they are so wonderful. Thank you JohnU.
We have trouble selling a pen for more than $75.00 over here so unfortunately there is no way I could justify that price.
Thanks to Tom and Ken for your support of the IAP.

Bob.

Tom T

Yes,yes. Great $460.00 I am off the hook. Thank you Richard. However when the rain stops I will see if I can find another jar in the back yard. We use jars in Florida, coffee cans rust to fast.
Smitty may want to see if he has any money stashed out back or in the mattress. Looks like a few more bucks and he could retain the title.

Top Bottom