HAWAII TRU-QUARTER™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Well, so here it is, the Hawaii State quarter. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I would really love to hear some feedback, good or bad, I've got thick skin! LOL

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• 2011-09-20 20.49.16-1.jpg
    2011-09-20 20.49.16-1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

One of your best yet! The sharp edges and smooth corners exist in perfect harmony. Very cool and unusual look. The correct parts definitely stand out. I love it!

seamus7227

One of your best yet! The sharp edges and smooth corners exist in perfect harmony. Very cool and unusual look. The correct parts definitely stand out. I love it!

thanks, i never looked at it like that till you said something! I wish i could take off a couple of weeks from work just to cut out the rest of the State Quarters, it really is fun!

MarkD

Looks awesome to me....as expected!
I have not seen one yet that I wouldn't be proud to own.

Bearing in mind that I'm not even sure what a scrollsaw looks like and I don't cast either I think it might look better if the islands weren't connected to the guys robe. The Kansas one looks great.

seamus7227

Bearing in mind that I'm not even sure what a scrollsaw looks like and I don't cast either I think it might look better if the islands weren't connected to the guys robe. The Kansas one looks great.

LOL, so I went back and looked and laughed hysterically!:biggrin: Not sure if for the same reason though. But that is a good point! I guess the reason i went that route was because it was closer there than anywhere else on the quarter without looking out of place, but dang it, now i think it looks even more outta place:rolleyes:

GoodTurns

LOL, so I went back and looked and laughed hysterically!:biggrin: Not sure if for the same reason though. But that is a good point! I guess the reason i went that route was because it was closer there than anywhere else on the quarter without looking out of place, but dang it, now i think it looks even more outta place:rolleyes:

they do appear to be "streaming" from his, er, robe....

seamus7227

they do appear to be "streaming" from his, er, robe....

:biggrin::biggrin:I should've known you were gonna chime in with something funny:biggrin::biggrin:
the more i look at it, the worse it gets for me, who in the world designed that darn coin anyway, they must have had a bathroom break on the brain.

Lenny

The quarter is very cool but I wonder if it would show better with a different background. :confused:

I may be asking you some scrollsaw questions soon, :wink: ... I have to clean out some of my dad's things and one of them is a scrollsaw. Over the years I've had just about every tool imaginable ... but never a "working" scrollsaw! :)

seamus7227

The quarter is very cool but I wonder if it would show better with a different background. :confused:

I may be asking you some scrollsaw questions soon, :wink: ... I have to clean out some of my dad's things and one of them is a scrollsaw. Over the years I've had just about every tool imaginable ... but never a "working" scrollsaw! :)

sorry i missed your comment Lenny. Sometimes it can be challenging trying to photograph these quarters, i will try and retake another tonight, see if i cant get the lighting right. Ironically, I take these with my phone and edit them, then upload straight to the forum. the lighting is from my scroll saw and an additional light from above, but the pinkish tone is from my hands blocking the light as i hold the phone steady to take the pics:biggrin:

ttpenman

Make the big island bridge over to the second line of type instead of his robe. But you probably already thought of that.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

seamus7227

Make the big island bridge over to the second line of type instead of his robe. But you probably already thought of that.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Actually, i hadn't thought of it. usually what i do is connect it in the closest place possible. I may take the dremel to it later tonight and see if i cant remove that connecting point to the robe. It's just so fragile:eek:

Top Bottom