Hawaii is open

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

A week ago last Saturday I got an email from my customer in Hawaii. He's opened his shop and actually has tourists coming in. So he placed his second order with me since January of last year. This is all Koa and consists of 5 Sunrise knives, 4 double seam rippers, 8 coffee scoops and 3 Niles bottle stoppers. The Stoppers are something new for this customer so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20210525_140029 (1).jpg
    20210525_140029 (1).jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
VERY cool !!!

I love Koa !!!

Koa is my favorite wood Mal. It's like Forest Gump said, Koa is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get until you add some Teak oil to it (well, kinda what Forest said). You should see what I just got in my most recent box of Koa. I'll be posting some pictures in a while.

mnerland

A week ago last Saturday I got an email from my customer in Hawaii. He's opened his shop and actually has tourists coming in. So he placed his second order with me since January of last year. This is all Koa and consists of 5 Sunrise knives, 4 double seam rippers, 8 coffee scoops and 3 Niles bottle stoppers. The Stoppers are something new for this customer so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for looking.
That is beautiful wood and fantastic work. I have several planks of Koa that a friend gave me while I was there in the Navy. I have carried them around for many moves around the country. Some are so rough I cant tell the grain structure. Can you help with a possible cut angle to achieve that glimmer or chatoyance that you have done. Great stuff!

That is beautiful wood and fantastic work. I have several planks of Koa that a friend gave me while I was there in the Navy. I have carried them around for many moves around the country. Some are so rough I cant tell the grain structure. Can you help with a possible cut angle to achieve that glimmer or chatoyance that you have done. Great stuff!

The thing about Koa is I never know what I'm going to end up with. The best thing I can tell you is to cut it with the grain but prior to that put some water on it and it should show you what it's going to look like. To be honest, the pieces this came from weren't that impressive...that is until they were finished. I did a knife for another well known member on this site and it came out beautiful. You just never know. Send me a picture of the planks and I might be able to help... but that's just a maybe.

howsitwork

Wonderful work as usual Tom.

Does he not want any ice cream scoops? I would have thought they'd be very popular down there??

Top Bottom