Has anyone tried these "vacumatic" filling units?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

peytonstreet

I found these so called vacumatic style filling units on Aliexpress. Has anyone tried them?

They look like some sort of hybrid vacumatic piston filling system, but I don't think they take a diaphragm like Parker vac systems. I've ordered a few and I'm anxious to give them a try. First I'll have to figure out the threading ......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InkyMike

I found these so called vacumatic style filling units on Aliexpress. Has anyone tried them?

They look like some sort of hybrid vacumatic piston filling system, but I don't think they take a diaphragm like Parker vac systems. I've ordered a few and I'm anxious to give them a try. First I'll have to figure out the threading ......
I have a few cheap parker 51 clones that use a similar design (for all I know could be the same part.) They work pretty well.

duncsuss

I looked for the pens they're designed to match - there's a clear option ("demonstrator"). I'm probably going to buy one and a few filler units, and they have a "filler unit removal tool" to screw them in and out of the pen barrel.

The clear barrel will let me see how they think it should operate, which I always find useful when I'm trying things I haven't done before.

TDahl

I am interested to see how they work. I agree with you Terri that the first challenge is going to be how to thread the body. Hopefully it a commonly available tap will do. 🤞

peytonstreet

I am interested to see how they work. I agree with you Terri that the first challenge is going to be how to thread the body. Hopefully it a commonly available tap will do. 🤞
I guess I'll have to dust off the thread gauge. I've got a lot of different taps so maybe I'll get lucky.

Aurelius

I would doubt it's common. When I picked up some piston mechanisms, I then had to go search for a weird left handed tap for them. Finding the right tap was the hardest part.

Top Bottom