Has anyone tried Enduro Clear Acrylic Topcoat?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

witz1976

I went to General Finishes website and found this product. It seems like a nice quick finish, but was curious if anyone else has tried it. Here is the manufacturer's claims:

Enduro Clear Acrylic Topcoat
Enduro Clear Acrylic is our workhorse commercial topcoat and produces the clearest film of all our topcoats. With high solids content, it builds quickly. For everyday production work, Clear Acrylic is our choice because of its combination of performance and value pricing. Sheens: Flat-10, Satin-35, Semi Gloss-50 and Gloss-90.
Recommended Accuspray HVLP atomizing sets: .043 -.051 tip and nozzle, No. 9 -10 air cap.

Key benefits over solvent based lacquer:

• Higher solids
  • Less product is needed, 2 gallons of Enduro vs 3 gallons of solvent based lacquer
  • Finish hardens faster
  • No blush
  • Non flammable
  • No lacquer thinner needed, water cleanup
  • Dries to touch in 5 minutes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I use it but it is recommended that you use the Sanding Sealer also. It says it takes 5 minutes to dry to the touch. I find it to be much faster than that. I can apply 2 coats of sealer and 3 coats of Enduro in less than 5 minutes. only real problem if it is even a problem is 2 hour drying time to polish. very fast very easy I leave brush marks the way I apply it but if it was applied heavier it would probably level better.

OKLAHOMAN

I use it but it is recommended that you use the Sanding Sealer also. It says it takes 5 minutes to dry to the touch. I find it to be much faster than that. I can apply 2 coats of sealer and 3 coats of Enduro in less than 5 minutes. only real problem if it is even a problem is 2 hour drying time to polish. very fast very easy I leave brush marks the way I apply it but if it was applied heavier it would probably level better.
Daniel, are you able to buff out the brush marks! :rolleyes::wink::biggrin:..

witz1976

Wouldn't a foam brush be better for this? No brush marks at least. How was the finish over all? I am still learning CA and really hate the fumes, especially I am working from my shop in the basement. So I am looking for good alternatives. I figured where this is an acrylic finish it would finish similar to a CA finish. Am I wrong on this thinking?

Top Bottom