Has anyone tried Emtech Lacquer instead of CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fotoman

There is a person in my guild who swears by Emtech EM6000 Water Based Lacquer as a finish. He is suggesting I try it on my pens. Has anyone had any experience with it? How long does the finish last on a pen that gets handled a lot?

jttheclockman

I use that finish alot on my scrollsaw projects. I have used Deft lacquer on pens before and they hold up very well. The ones I have sold or gave away I have no way of following them for wear reports. The ones I use are still shiny and new looking.

wimkluck

I know a German professional penturner who spray his pens with waterbased Clou lacker. He does this already for a couple of years. So whith the right lacker it is possible. I would try this method. There is a small problem.
I need to buy 1 bottle. 5 liters for a lot of money. 5 liters is more then a gallon and that are a lot of pens.

BULLWINKLE

There is a person in my guild who swears by Emtech EM6000 Water Based Lacquer as a finish. He is suggesting I try it on my pens. Has anyone had any experience with it? How long does the finish last on a pen that gets handled a lot?
I've used Deft laquer and it holds up fine. I use about 3-4 coats allowing them to dry between coats. Holds up very well.

Top Bottom