Harvey T40 sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Got an email today with a coupon code that makes it a darn good deal. Figured I'd share it. (I have no endorsement deal or anything with them... I just really like my lathe!)

https://www.harveywoodworking.com/products/t40-2020 looks like you have to apply code 425775 at checkout and it knocks the price down to $1890 plus the freight ($149 I think)

I know I know... it's a lot of money for a lathe. I treated myself to one last December when they had a sale that wasn't quite as good as this one and I gotta tell ya, I have 0 regrets. My thinking was "It just spins things, how different can it really be?" It's so darn smooth and quiet... the torque response is just amazing and I don't have to move a belt at all to dial it from like 70 rpm up past 4k. Run out was on par with my metal lathe, which is to say, not much there.

HIGHLY recommend the legs btw... We've got ours on legs in the shop and if you've got the room it's insanely stable. The lathe itself is just under 300lbs and I'm pretty sure each leg is a good 70-80.

I've turned on the nicer Laguna, etc and this is far nicer and just a better machine in my opinion. Tool rest isn't my favorite for pens but that's easy enough to swap out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Nice...do you know where it is made?
BTW, my son and DIL moved to Apex a few months ago. A broker is sending us listings for FV, NC. Nice area. We like it hear in Alpharetta, but you never know.

They are made in China but to a higher standard than your average Chinese factory. Having worked with some offshoring factories before I can tell you that ultimately it's up to the specifications and tolerances you hold them too.... If you give them that inch, they'll take it. If you hold the tolerances tight, they'll make it to spec. To give you an idea the higher end Grizzly lathes are actually made by Harvey. (The $4k+ big ones) From my digging into them before I bought mine, it looks like they used to make a lot of gear for other big names in woodworking and then decided to make a go of it themselves with premium level tools. John sold Bridge City Tools to them a while back so they also make those now as well and while I prefer my vintage US made ones, I have purchased a few of the newer models out of curiosity and not found them lacking in precision.

We just moved here from the Charlotte area back in July. Got a couple acres and out a ways from the neighborhoods, etc... No regrets at all. :)

darrin1200

Very impressive. I like the outboard turning ability, but wonder about possible alignment issues. That and the extra 1-1/2" swing, give it a bit of an edge against my OneWay 1224. The fact that the OneWay is made, not to far, down the road from me, in Stratford, Ontario, tips the scales back in my mind.

Alignment has been spot on with mine. I don't turn much anymore but when I do it's usually making fountain pens. Having everything line up for threading is a big deal. (I'm really spoiled with the travel on the tail stock) Can't knock the OneWay though, awesome machine!

Top Bottom